Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Wacky Races - Taito Type X - works in RL but not Hyperspin

Creezz67

Hi,

I have this game working perfectly in RocketLauncher but when I try to play it in Hyperspin it just loads emulator in background, so when i go to desktop a black box just sits there with audio only.

Obviously I am missing something

Any ideas ?

Thanks for any help

It doesn't have an emulator. It just launches it like a standalone PC game.

In PC Launcher I have it set to launch as:

Application: Launcher_X.exe (this would be whatever your actual exe or bat is)

Exit Method: Process Close Application (ESC to close doesn't seem to work)

That's it. All other options blank or default (except for Dimes AHK fix in PostLaunch, but that isn't needed for the game to launch correctly).

I have the game options set to 800x600 and Fullscreen = 1. I haven't found a way to run it at the correct 4:3 aspect and fullscreen on my 1080 monitor without screwing up the menus.

EDIT: I just realized it could be your PC Launcher module. Did you update RocketLauncher yesterday? Because the new RL module completely effed up PC games for me. I had to revert to the previous module to fix it.

If you're using the newest that could be the problem.

Hi,

I have exactly the same setup.

Using Windows 7 64bit, also tried on Windows 10 and the same thing happens

Not using newest update either, all other games work fine for PC Games and Taito Type X, just not this one.

It very strange.

Works perfectly in RL

Thanks for info

Hi,

I have exactly the same setup.

Using Windows 7 64bit, also tried on Windows 10 and the same thing happens

Not using newest update either, all other games work fine for PC Games and Taito Type X, just not this one.

It very strange.

Works perfectly in RL

Thanks for info

And you're sure you're not hitting, or sending an ESC key press at any point? Because hitting ESC while the game is running will do exactly what you're describing.

Are you using the one from Simply Austins video? If not try grabbing that. If that is the one you have try re-downloading it I guess.

Other than that I don't know. Could be a Fade option, coiuld be you have bezels turned on for it? Could be your Fullscreen bezel option is turned on. Could be any number of settings I suppose.

• 3 months later...

I have the game options set to 800x600 and Fullscreen = 1. I haven't found a way to run it at the correct 4:3 aspect and fullscreen on my 1080 monitor without screwing up the menus.

I just found out that this entire time the TTX games that weren't running in the correct aspect ratio was all caused by my monitor menu settings.

Not the Windows settings but the monitor built in menu itself.

I've had it set to "Full" this entire time. Switching it to "Aspect" fixed a bunch of games. Some Daphne ones that stretched weird, some PC games that weren't quite right, a bunch of TTX games, several AAE games on and on...

So simple, I just never knew to check it.

Archived