Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How to turn off game revision info on Game Themes?

mosaiclive

Hi- Is it possible in MAME with Hyperspin to turn off the game version/revision info that appears in the bottom left of the Game Theme screen along with the game title? I'd like for it to say, for example, "1942" not "1942 (rev B)". I think I read something about that but can't seem to find it now. 

Man, the more I learn about this whole thing, the more questions I have!

I'm using MAMEUIFX 173, by the way.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are 2 checkboxes right next to eachother that seem to control this feature on my system, but I'm still playing with it. However sometimes it seems like some data doesn't get removed.

The best way to get rid of this stuff is to edit the XML directly, but that's quite a hassle if you are working in a wheel as large as MAME.

99% of my systems I have taken the absurd time to go through and remove all that data from the romfile itself, and then build the XML off of those, and then match the Boxes/Videos to that XML.

It's tedious AF, but the end-result is beautiful.

For what I've seen, what that option does it's remove the last parenthesis and the what's inside of it. If the description has more than one set of parenthesis, it only removes the last one. that's why it seems that sometimes doesn't work.

Archived