The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

recomend a push button hole saw

bluc

Thanks for the links. Reason I asked is one of my other projects I remember reading that you need a specific minimum radius for specific thickness of material or was that aluminium im not sure but anyway have found 1.5mm lexan which will be much easier for me to work with so going with that. Plan on using router to cut holes and trim to size cheers and thanks for the help :)

If you want a smooth bend yes you do have to consider radius. If you don't mind the chance of a little kind then it doesn't really matter. I've been told that control panel Lexan with flame polished edges can be have those LED ropes ran around the edge and it looks cool but kinks in the beds show up. What the vids you might find your answer. Personally I think for Lexan to have a nice curve the thickness should be 1/2 to a 1/3 the radius of the curve. And I'm not so sure how well 1.5mm will stand up to abuse and movement. Should be ok but I'd personally get something a little stiffer.

My issues with the router idea as you can see in that fabrication blogspot is that the drill bits need to be modified to avoid chips. So basically if you are using standard drill bits you are taking a risk drilling the pilot holes just as much as you are hitting it with a spade bit.

Just buy extra Lexan or at least be prepared to. And make sure you have lots of clamps.

Ok thanks heaps will grab a spade bit and experiment, and buy plenty of lexan as well( by lexan I mean polycarbonate not acrylic) I got my control panel drilled and joysticks fitted this morning so steady progress. I may rethink the 1.5mm lexan and get 4.5mm instead will have a think about it and see what I come up with. I dont think I will bother edge lighting the acrylic I just want it there to protect the control panel artwork. But who knows it wouldnt be the first time I changed my mind mid project. Thanks for all the help cheers.

Archived