The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Noob cab design question

KlopjerO

Eya. 

Recently I have a found a great Cab schematic (The Metopolis cab). but I want to make a few modifications to it. 

I want it to have a rotating monitor.. the way that Connersdad has one..so a flat panel monitor mounted on a lazy suzan and driven by an electro motor and controlled by a polulu board. 

all that set aside.. the width of cab by design is 24"... and I have the unfortune that my (touch)screen has a diagonal of 25,7". 

now down to the question at hand... from an esthetic point of view would it be prudent to enlarge the entire cab relative to the increased width..or just widen ?

the person who designed the cab was nice enough to provide the DWG files. I want to provide the dwg file to a CNC mill and have them cut the boards out what would I need to change in the DWG so that it takes into account this change in plans ? 

I provided a pdf of the DWG so you can see what I'm talking about. 

I also provided a pdf of my monitor with it's deminsions in (mm) 

METROPOLIS_ARCADE_CAB-PDF.pdf

prolite t2452mts-b1 (1465280325).pdf

I'm not sure I understand the issue. The cabinet is 24" wide and the pdf shows a monitor width of 22+ inches. It looks like it will fit in either orientation. If it spins do you need to put the monitor proud of the cabinet? Or, do you want the monitor to spin inside of the cabinet? (Hence it would not fit)...

I'm not sure I understand the issue. The cabinet is 24" wide and the pdf shows a monitor width of 22+ inches. It looks like it will fit in either orientation. If it spins do you need to put the monitor proud of the cabinet? Or, do you want the monitor to spin inside of the cabinet? (Hence it would not fit)...

Sorry I did not get a message that you replied to my thread :) 

yes I want it to rotate internally. and it would not fit in that regard.

my question is purely about looks.. should I enlarge the entire cab to match the increased width or should just widen it .? 

Archived