Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Emulators running in Background processes

dimercu9

I have been looking to add to ePSXe and demul to my Hyperspin wheels; however, after downloading both applications, I am having an issue.

I go to set up ePSXe and when i click the .exe it only runs in the Background Processes. No window appears. When entering Task manager, I notice ePSXe and demul running in "Background Processes". 

I haven't got any help on Windows forums; hoping my fellow hyperspinners know what to do here. 

I have an alienware alpha running windows 10 if that helps anyone in deciphering this issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Which versions are you using? Latest versions works on w10 1809 (pro and enterprise), didn't test on1903.

Check the resolution in .ini, w10 don't like emulator chosing it. On W10 it seems I can't use downsampling on model2 and model 3 (problems while going fullscreen).

ps. beetle psx or pcsx reloaded on Retroarch generally works better than EPSXE

Yes running on W10 1809 with HS 1.5.1.

This does seen like a resolution/fullscreen issue. I'm trying Gens, higen, and RetroArch; all in different Winstates, with no luck. I also disabled fullscreen optimization in Windows.

edit: If I use HyperLaunch.exe The resolution drops down to 800x600 but the emulator is still just running at a background task.

Archived