Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Start/Shutdown Hyperspin without keyboard

meancun

Hi all,

So im finalising my bartop cabinet, and have a spare Dell Vostro PC (does the job and cost nothing), which i intend on gutting and fixing the motherboard and components straight in to the inside base of my machine. Control Panel is ready to wire USB in to the PC, so im pretty much there.

QUESTION:

I didn't want to add a draw with mouse and keyboard. I want to run it off an arcade button that i want to splice in to the current power button of the motherboard of the PC. What is the cleanest/safest/smoothest way to start up and shut down windows? I've setup Windows already so that it loads straight in to Hypersin, just need a solution for power on/off. The machine will always be plugged in to the wall and switched on.

I'm not keen on the old "hold for 5 seconds to power off" thing, and dont want to rely on keyboard at all as i mentioned. I've heard there may be commands in hyperHQ to power off on exit?

Thanks!

Hi all,

So im finalising my bartop cabinet, and have a spare Dell Vostro PC (does the job and cost nothing), which i intend on gutting and fixing the motherboard and components straight in to the inside base of my machine. Control Panel is ready to wire USB in to the PC, so im pretty much there.

QUESTION:

I didn't want to add a draw with mouse and keyboard. I want to run it off an arcade button that i want to splice in to the current power button of the motherboard of the PC. What is the cleanest/safest/smoothest way to start up and shut down windows? I've setup Windows already so that it loads straight in to Hypersin, just need a solution for power on/off. The machine will always be plugged in to the wall and switched on.

I'm not keen on the old "hold for 5 seconds to power off" thing, and dont want to rely on keyboard at all as i mentioned. I've heard there may be commands in hyperHQ to power off on exit?

Thanks!

In HyperHQ under Startup/Exit, set the exit action to shutdown. You press your back button at the main menu and it gives the option to exit, which will then shutdown when yes is pressed.

Untitled.png

And/or just set Windows to "Power off when power is turned off" then wire the power on your motherboard to a button on the cabinet (I wired mine to a normal arcade pushbutton hidden on top).

Then run the PC, monitor, audio, LED's etc... into a smart strip.

Then when you press the button it will power on the PC, followed by everything else. Tap the button again and the PC will shutdown properly followed by shutting down everything else.

Simple!

Archived