Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Is there any alternative HS transition animations?

uptown47

Hi all,

Firstly I have to say a BIG thank you to all the support team and contributors to the Hyperspin project. I'm really getting my head around it now and, although initially there's a slight learning curve, once you get a feel for how it's put together it's brilliant!!

I thought I would initially just want Hyperspin to access all my emulators from one place but now I've 'caught the bug' and gone a bit OCD with getting wheel art, themes etc to all match and be correct for every rom.

As part of this almost fanatical approach I wondered if there was either....

1) Alternative HS transition animations (when you switch from one game to another on the wheel and the round HS logo flies out at you) ??

2) Or... a way to create our own animations (i.e. what format do they have to be in, where are they stored etc)?

Thanks for any help you can give me :-)

There used to be a pack of additional Override Transitions on the FTP, not sure if they are still there or not.

I have 94 default random Transitions on mine (not counting any of the system specific transitions).

There was a topic recently with the steps needed to make your own. You could probably find it with a search and reading through a bunch of threads.

That's brilliant Metalzoic. Thanks for the link. There's a tutorial on there for making my own which seems straight forward enough (although I've never used Adobe Effects, my mate is a graphic designer and has all the CC software so will have to speak to him and see if he can help).

I don't suppose you know where the pack of Override Transitions that you use is on the site do you?

I can't find them in the download section but I have trouble finding stuff on here too!

I've searched Google and found this "HS Override Pack Vol 1" which looked interesting but there's no links to anything, it's just a demo.

Any ideas where I can get any of these transitions?

Thanks again for all your help mate. It's very much appreciated :-)

They were on the FTP here when I grabbed them, but you need to be a Platinum member to access the FTP.

I'm not even sure if they are still on there or where at if they are.

Might also be on the emumovies FTP, but you need to be Platinum there for access as well.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know the person who created them. I know that the same person showcased the videos on his YouTube account under the name of hyperspin07 but there inst such user a here (As far as i know based off the search function). Wondering if we can narrow down the search based on his name and work from there. Its become a quest for the hidden/missing transitions.

Just to note, there is a long list of unsorted FTP stuff that may contain these transitions if someone is keen

HyperSpin FTP/Unsorted Submissions/_Themes/_Presort

How many do you guys already have. Altogether there are 95 with the additional pack, so if you have 95 you have them all.

If not I'll upload them and send you platinum guys a link. Can't be given out to non-platinum people though. That's the rule.

Actually I just went ahead and uploaded the original pack to the platinum member section here.

I have saved them from certain death and obscurity! I am a hero! I AM LIKE A GOD!

Each of you now owes me either your first born. $100 bucks. Strippers. Or a burrito.

Your choice

2 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

Can't be given out to non-platinum people though. That's the rule.

Any chance we could bend the rule just this once and fire them over to me?

There's no way my missus would let me pay $50 for 90 transitions even though I'd love to have them for my system.

Pretty please? I'll certainly shout someone a beer and a burger if they ever find themselves near me in Scotland :-)

13 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

Actually I just went ahead and uploaded the original pack to the platinum member section here.

I have saved them from certain death and obscurity! I am a hero! I AM LIKE A GOD!

Each of you now owes me either your first born. $100 bucks. Strippers. Or a burrito.

Your choice

Cheers mate, I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate you as one because of this :P

21 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

Your choice

You ROCK!!! The Platinum Membership was worth it for this alone!  Thank you so much!

Quick word of caution on these original platinum transitions regarding aspect ratio: they were built for 4:3. Some of them look fine, some will be 25% skewed width-wise, and none will look HD. Don't get me wrong, they do still work and if the AR/definition doesn't bother you they'll get the job done.

For anyone who wants HD transitions or just more transitions than what comes with HS as standard, you can throw any videos into the transition folder and it'll work. There are a lot of really fantastic free/paid, professional grade HD transitions available on the internet that look great in HS and can suit the aesthetic you're going for.

5 hours ago, Avar said:

For anyone who wants HD transitions or just more transitions than what comes with HS as standard, you can throw any videos into the transition folder and it'll work. There are a lot of really fantastic free/paid, professional grade HD transitions available on the internet that look great in HS and can suit the aesthetic you're going for.

Not to be a pain, but I had a quick search and couldn't find decent free ones that would work the same way the default and these transitions do (With sound and transparency). If its not too much of a hassle, you mind pointing us in the right direction, as in, do you have a particular website in mind?

Thanks

It's harder to find ones with audio. In general they're video editing oriented. Here's a quick example of a site that offers a variety of transitions. Nothing will have the same arcade character as the retro plat transitions, they'll just be HD and can be applied universally.

Edit: I prefer the default transitions now and am not using anything like this, I just know from all the video editing I've been doing that there are third party transitions out there.

49 minutes ago, Avar said:

In general they're video editing oriented. Here's a quick example of a site that offers a variety of transitions. Nothing will have the same arcade character as the retro plat transitions, they'll just be HD and can be applied universally.

I tried using that particular transition pack and they dont support the transparency that the current transitions have. Perhaps sometime down the road, ill look into it more and perhaps have a go at making my own :P

5 minutes ago, Avar said:

Hmm that's weird. I use a few and the alpha works fine in NLEs. Bummer.

Others might have better luck since my HyperSpin/computer is a bit broken when it comes to video files lol, Green screen/black for videos within hyperspin and mediaplayer, so it might actually work fine if you tested it yourself.

Archived