Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Best games of all time wheel

ninja2bceen

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMPORTANT: new spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SCHKsDjVZpnjpIO6aUwHRV5k7extdQg9YguGRX_wZqc/edit?usp=sharing

See this post for more information:

Old Post:

So it seems I really got hooked up on all this „Best Games of All Time“ stuff.  I’ve added some additional rankings and games to my master list in the linked spread sheet. So far I’ve covered:

- HardcoreGaming101: The 200 Best Video Games of All Time (2015)

- IGN Top 100 Games of All Times (2015) + 37 games that didn’t make the cut

- GameFAQs Best. Game. Ever . [Top 128] (2015)

- Retro Gamer magazine reader's top 150 games (2016)

- Edge: The 100 Greatest Videogames (2015)

I added 1 or 2 systems on which you can play these games + info’s if there’s a remake/remaster for each game because I had to see which games can’t be played on a HyperSpin setup at the moment (none good working emulators). Every system which can’t be emulated well enough was colored red.

I also came up with a ranking system for the games to get a “definitive” ranking for the Best Games of All Time list:

- Rank 1 to 16: 3 points

- Rank 17 to 64: 2 points

- Rank 65+: 1 point

As of now a game can get maximally 13 points. Spoiler. No game has reached it but we have 3 games which scored 12 points!

We also have currently 196 games with 2 points or more.

I also plan to add other lists but I need your help to find other good ones. Please be aware that I want that the lists follow these criteria:

1. They have to be created in either 2015 or 2016 to give more recent games a fair chance.

2. Every game in existence should have to get theoretically the chance to be in the list. So no hidden gems, system, year, decade, console generation or other specific lists!

3. No lists which handle whole franchises as a single entry. We want to do this on a per game basis.

4. Lists which were created by only a single person aren’t allowed either.

5. The list has to feature at least 100 games.

IMPORTANT: new spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SCHKsDjVZpnjpIO6aUwHRV5k7extdQg9YguGRX_wZqc/edit?usp=sharing

See this post for more information:

http://hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/27056-best-games-of-all-time-wheel/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-297942

Old Post:

The Best Games of All-Time-Masterlist is finally ready. I’ve added:

- GamesRadar+: The 100 best games ever (2015)

- Empire: The 100 Greatest Video Games (2015)

I also decided to not add the Metacritic scores because most of the games which came out before the PS1/N64/Saturn era aren’t covered neither on this site or GameRankings.com.

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IB0l_RG-Dkg7wS2IxMpW7P8dTq-PmqK_iKEzeG_XuvE/edit?usp=sharing

Unless somebody finds any other best games of all-time lists which fit the criteria I’ve posted in my last post I would consider my list as final.

We have 473 games in total in this list. 443 are considered more or less playable with a HyperSpin setup and exactly 222 of them got 2 or more points (that means that all of these games either appear in at least 2 different top lists or are in the Top 64 of a single list.)

So now it’s up to ninja2bceen how many games he wants to include in his wheel.

For everybody who's interested are here the "definitve" 10 best games of all time according to 7 different Best Games of All-Time lists:

- Top 10(11) HyperSpin Ready:

1. Half-Life 2 (17 points)

1. Resident Evil 4 (17 points)

3. Grand Theft Auto V (16 points)

4. Dark Souls (15 points)

4. Super Mario 64 (15 points)

4. Super Mario World (15 points)

4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (15 points)

4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (15 points)

4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (15 points)

10. Shadow of the Colossus (14 points)

10. Tetris (14 points)

- Top 10(11) with unplayable games:

1. Half-Life 2 (17 points)

1. Resident Evil 4 (17 points)

3. Grand Theft Auto V (16 points)

3. The Last of Us (16 points)

5. Dark Souls (15 points)

5. Red Dead Redemption (15 points)

5. Super Mario 64 (15 points)

5. Super Mario World (15 points)

5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (15 points)

5. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (15 points)

5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (15 points)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone want to assist in making this?im thinking about using hyperxmlspin to do it but it could be cleaner if done manually. The following help could be needed

Gather themes

Gather wheel art

Xml creator

Video gather

Any takers? Once I figure out pinball arcade so that it works again I think I'll do this next

• 2 weeks later...

Archived