Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin Retroarch nightmare

warpig

Hi guys, hoping someone might be able to offer a clue how to fix this problem - so I can set up RetroArch no problem on its own, I've configured my gamepad, set a different bezel for each core, set up custom viewport sizes for each bezel etc., all works perfectly, however if I start a game in Hyperspin then bring up the Retroarch settings and configure everything the same way it reverts to default settings as soon as I exit Retroarch. I can't see why it doesn't work, I've turned per-core settings on, I've set it to save settings on exit etc., but it goes back to default settings every time I exit. Thanks for any ideas.

Retroarch has a bug with Android build. It stores it's configuration file in one location if you run it directly. It has a separate configuration file when launched from Hyperspin (or other launchers).

So launch into a game (like Atari 2600 since it doesn't require bios), make all config changes, and exit.

Hi Reznnate, thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately I've been doing it as you suggest all weekend and it simply doesn't work, I've, tried Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Snes, Nes, Atari 2600, start Hyperspin, load game, configure Retroarch, make sure per-core settings is on, exit game and everything is back to defaults. Driving me nuts.

You can also launch a game from hyperspin, close the core then change the directory path for configs to where reroarch stores them.

If you cant access this, change the config directory to somewhere you can access from within RetroArch itself. Then do the above to your new config folder. You will have to setup everything again!

to recap: You need to set the config directory patth for both the normal retroarch.cfg and hyperspin launched retroarch.cfg to the same folder.

This way you only have one set of core config files. You will still have two retroarch.cfg files but thats unavoidable.

My signature has my guide on retroarch also. (I need to get round to a Hyperspin specific one, hopefully in the next few weeks i can get it into the tutorials section on Hyperspin)

Archived