Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Android Emulation Scene Assistance

lilcza

My main thing to have Hyperspin and 2 of my android based consoles in my home for handling emulation.

The problem is:

Reicast (dreamcast) is DEAD

There are NO Android Dolphin Devs anymore, causing all the new releases to have broken controls and dolphin bar support is spotty at best.

Openbor is compiled but doesnt work well for controllers or hyperspin

Mugen has zero support except for Paintown which hasnt been updated to work on modern devices in years. And Dosbox allows only OLD dosmugen to work, not without some heavy tweaks.

MAME on android needs a huge Open GL ES 3.1 or Vulcan boost so that better games can be supported and played. 

But mainly the most recent versions need compile fixes to be 100% working on android. Not this currently handicapped version.

Look what uoYabuse did for Saturn emulation. The original Yabuse went from unplayable to near perfect emulation thanks to OpenGL ES 3.0 changes.

If any of you have been checking the emulation forums for android apps, many have tons of people who are interested in android emulation, but there are no android devs to support these android users..

Honestly, we need more android devs out there to help out with the emulation scene as a whole.

So i think im going to try to start a bounty for donations to android devs to assist with these things

I would love to help out with some smaller things if I can, i programmed at bit in C++ back in 2000. 

Or any ideas to help out with this before hyperspin is left unfinished for a bunch of items that can be supported as well.

Lilcza

I love your passion man, I'm down to help.

As I can't do any development, right now would be the time to start detailing exactly what IS working and what is NOT working. At least that we help give others a head start.

@Reznate did mention some emus in the pipeline I believe but finding dev's is gonna be a tough task.

I hear what your saying. Even where we are at now with current android devices, we are still being held back by little to no android support.

Once we have the power house devices to run everything, since support is so low it wont help. With our Shield TV's we have a ton of untapped power.

Also I do have a pc for emulation, but its when you have a 6 year old kid that wants to play PSP with you, or a bunch of gamer friends that want to play at your house and you can say yeah, i have 4 tvs and 3x 16 gb shields to play from that is only part of the cost of a full blown PC @JoyStickKilla

Thanks bro. I've loved emulation since late Junior High and it just keeps growing. I did a test of all the items that suppose to work on mame git or retroarch and just got frustrated with it all. I'll put the systems that dont work on your list post. @thatman84

I hear what your saying. Even where we are at now with current android devices, we are still being held back by little to no android support.

Once we have the power house devices to run everything, since support is so low it wont help. With our Shield TV's we have a ton of untapped power.

Also I do have a pc for emulation, but its when you have a 6 year old kid that wants to play PSP with you, or a bunch of gamer friends that want to play at your house and you can say yeah, i have 4 tvs and 3x 16 gb shields to play from that is only part of the cost of a full blown PC @JoyStickKilla

Thanks bro. I've loved emulation since late Junior High and it just keeps growing. I did a test of all the items that suppose to work on mame git or retroarch and just got frustrated with it all. I'll put the systems that dont work on your list post. @thatman84

A PC with an intel G3258 can be put together for less than or equal to the price of a shield and will run more and have much more available to it than the shield

yes PC's are great. but it would also be nice to push the android scene forward

A PC with an intel G3258 can be put together for less than or equal to the price of a shield and will run more and have much more available to it than the shield

Putting a PC together, finding the details and compatible components is not as straight forward as some people think.

Let alone cramming all that into a box that is completly silent and the size of an A5 jiffy bag. With a controller that works out the box (in most cases)

Then you have the Shield Portable which gives you the option to have it all on the go.

PC's will always be better that is a given but Android in general is a valid platform to try and help.

Exactly. Yes I will be hitting up all the emu forums, and trying to find to speak to the different devs on their needs. Most likely next week i'll check it out. This week is my Bday week! @thatman84

Its size + ease of use for anyone that wants to come over and just play, No building 3 pcs, OS installs per machine, driver installations, etc.

I litterally go out, buy 3 sheilds, download hyperspin and connect my NAS, and done.

Also at the level of a intel G3258 $300 PC the only benefit is that more systems are playable, but the integrated video card would be obliterated by the Tegra x1 Maxwell GPU in the Shield. 

Plus It wouldnt display 4K content.

Check out the specs versus actual GTX 900 Laptop Series cards.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Tegra-X1-Maxwell-GPU.137006.0.html

This is the most affordable platform with the most bang for the buck around. Its just the state of emulation development that's causing the hold up. @JoyStickKilla

Archived