Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

OBS recording software

craiganderson

You have to right click the game capture and tell it the game you wnat to capture... pain in the ass.  If you got a 600 series and above nVidia card use Shadowplay, if not use Action Replay... but dont pay for it, its bugged as hell!

It's what I do, but still can't capture le MAME game... I wonder if craiganderson, made something special ?

I have to use this when I live stream.  Its a pain in the ass.  For a new game, yes its game by game, I have to load the game, press ctrl +tab or something to minimize the MAME screen.  Then right click the game capture to open option.  then in the drop down box the game will show.  Click it.  Now you will see OBS use this capture of the game.  However be aware, if you change the game, you may have to rinse and repeat.

I am rubbish as OBS, its amazing at what it does for Live streams etc.  But if your just recording, use a dedicated screen recording app.  OBS is what it says, broadcasting software so its more suited to that kind of thing

Yeah OBS is very good for an free software... 
I do the alt+tab avec le MAME game launch and add a new "Game capture" for the game launched but OBS capture black screen.
I can capture MAME itself before launching a game "MAME... empty", but after launching a new MAME instance "MAME...1944" for exemple is created, I add a "game capture" with it but impossible to capture it. Very strange.

I found an old Bug report (2013) for instabilitu between OBS and MAME.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/game-caputre-mame-not-working-correctly.21155/

Do you launche MAME game un full screen or in windows mode ? By default is fullscreen mode.

Ok, I juste tried Xsplit free version and I juste need to put "Monitor Capture" and all my MAME game en Steam game (USF4) can be capture perfectly wihtout any manipulation :)
The only less thing is that free version allow only HD ready an Mono sound. For full HD and Stereo we need to buy a licence.

Hope futur OBS upgrade will improve him an push to Xsplit level because I really appraciate tu use it.

Archived