Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Taito Type X key mapping

acpowell

With all the FadeTitles being correct and the exit emulator keys set.  I should be able to press 3 and 2 to exit the game but that isn't working.  Any other suggestions?  I was going to look into getting an ultimate IO board (adding LEDS and what not) but that won't happen for a while.  I know it will fix my issue because I can create a dedicated exit button.  Until then though, I would really like to try and make my exiting option work.

On 11/30/2016 at 9:50 AM, acpowell said:

alrighty, the wife came through for me and I was able to get these 2 screenshots for the exit key

As for the fade title, I was unable to locate the spot until just now.  I will go through your tutorial and make sure it is set properly because I think some are not.

exit2.PNG

exit.PNG

Well one thing I see is that you have both the 2 and 3 keys selected as exit, but you have it set to a single keypress instead of double. That's my guess

Question which will rule out your exit keys or if it's just TTX. Does your exit method work on other systems?

Also in the module settings for TTX you can chang the exit method. There are around four choice for example send alt-f4, so try a different  one.

1 hour ago, Metalzoic said:

Well one thing I see is that you have both the 2 and 3 keys selected as exit, but you have it set to a single keypress instead of double. That's my guess

If I understood it properly Single means you are pressing the buttons once and double means you press them twice like a double click.

13 minutes ago, gigapig said:

Question which will rule out your exit keys or if it's just TTX. Does your exit method work on other systems?

Also in the module settings for TTX you can chang the exit method. There are around four choice for example send alt-f4, so try a different  one.

I did not set it in the module itself just globally.  It does with with Demul with no issues.  I will add it to the module directly and see how it goes.

as giga said, you need to set the exit method that works for each taito type x game independently. 

There is not a universal solution for that, that is why this setting exists.

Also, please delete either the 2&3 or the 3&2 exit key combination.

You just need one of them set and I don't know if adding the second one will result in the desirable behavior.

Sorry I didn't say this earlier.  I did play with the exit methods and none of them worked.

I will test removing one of the "duplicate" entries.  I had them both in there because demul was giving me issues originally and that was one of my troubleshooting methods.

Sorry for the delayed response (insert appropriate excuse here).  I did a bunch of playing around over the weekend.  I added the shortcut to the module directly, removed one of the 2&3's verified everything was set up properly.  As of right now, everything is set back to the way it was before I tried added the TTX stuff, and it now seems to be working.  I don't understand why it does this, it happened with Naomi as well, but I can now exit the games the way I do all other games.

I also discovered why the screen rotate was happening.  with Raiden IV, Gigawings, and Shikigami No Shiro III there is a program called irotate that gets launched when the game launches.  I didn't realize this until I launched them outside of RL/HS.  So with those 3 games I just changed the config to use buttons 4 and 5 rather than 1 and 2 (1 and 2 are control and alt so when I held them down together and used the joystick the screen would rotate and crash the game).

Thanks for all the help; especially to Giga for making the guide.

How practical it is to just use the Steam versions of the games that are available, the ones that have virtually no issues with controls or bluetooth drivers or really difficulty of any kind and generally have better features.

Very practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have now decided to get some of the steam versions of these games and also a few other Shmups I saw (already bought a few) and add them to my HS build.  Thanks for the suggestions.

I am now off to work to research more things to add!

Archived