Need some help selecting a joystick

Brox

I'm building a custom control panel out of 3/4" MDF. What joysticks do you guys use when you bottom mount and don't use a router?

I looked at a couple from Happ but they would be short once you take 3/4" off to account for the bottom mount. I don't have access to a router so that isn't an option.

I'm looking for a bat top with 4/8 way switching if possible.

Thanks all!

I'm building a custom control panel out of 3/4" MDF. What joysticks do you guys use when you bottom mount and don't use a router?

I looked at a couple from Happ but they would be short once you take 3/4" off to account for the bottom mount. I don't have access to a router so that isn't an option.

I'm looking for a bat top with 4/8 way switching if possible.

Thanks all!

Brox,

Hello and welcome!!

I have two Mag-Stik Plus sticks on my CP. Very nice and well worth taking a look at.

http://www.ultimarc.com/controls.html

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks Ron! I've looked at those but they also appear to have "standard" length shafts. Is there a way to adjust them to make them longer so they will be normal height when bottom mounted?

Thanks much.

Thanks Ron! I've looked at those but they also appear to have "standard" length shafts. Is there a way to adjust them to make them longer so they will be normal height when bottom mounted?

Thanks much.

Brox,

Mine are mounted on 1/2" plywood from the underside. From the top of the ply to the top of the bat is a little shy of 3 1/2".

Andy is very good to work with. Send him an email and ask. :)

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks for the info guys.

HazzardActual - I've looked on the Happ website and I didn't come across the long shafted bat tops, I'll take a look again. Thanks for the insight.

Polemicist - I'm actually using a Golden Tee cabinet and it has a 3/4 inch control panel. I sealed all the original holes and I'm starting from scratch.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?29655-MAME-cab-conversion

This is exactly what I'm looking for. I sent him a PM but I haven't got a response just yet. If you look at the pictures you can see the joystick height is good and it doesn't appear that he routed the base out, I could be wrong though. He may have routed out from the top and the overlay covers it.

post-112290-142870625589_thumb.jpg

post-112290-142870625584_thumb.jpg

Archived