Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Has anyone used a Gigabyte BRIX computer?

Brox

• 10 months later...

*Bump*

I would love to know if anyone has used the Gigabyte Brix 2807 for a Hyperspin build! I was looking at the Intel Nuc 2820 but after doing my research I found out that it is a really buggy machine so i'm looking for a replacement!

@lovemaker72, because yours is an old post I don't know if you have seen the other threads but the garbled video issue has been solved. You need to disable "hardware acceleration" through your browser! Not sure on the exact details of the top of my head but there are threads on the process.

The next gen Intel CPU will release soon, So if you were to go this route, I would hold off for a few more months. The Intel workaround is not a great solution, would be better if you find something that has AMD/Nvidia Video instead. Depending on what your trying to accomplish, this might be a better option: http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_72770.html

All i'm looking to do is make a little retro emulation box that will run Hyperspin, Mame and retro consoles up to the 32-bit generation (if possible the N64 as well but not to worried if I can't).

I priced together a pretty good looking amd build but put it to rest because I couldn't find a case small enough! After a lot of research my best option was the "Antec ISK 300 Mini ITX case with 150W PSU" but it can't compete with the size of the Gigabyte Brix 2807.

Archived