Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Shield Controller crashes Reicast r7

diskmach

I set up Dreamcast. Downloaded last nightly, it's called just r7 in Shield settings. Looked at Thatman's Setup Notes.

Basic setup works as expected. Setup Shield controllers, I have two of them. Launched a game, it starts up. Now, as soon as I

touch any button on any of the controllers, Reicast crashes. I tried restarting, disabling the second controller, changing all options in

Launch Editor for the controllers, still the same. Anyone?

I should add that if I click in the game window with my mouse the touch controls appear and I can click around with my mouse without any crashes.

@thatman84

Fixed it. Basically you just have to reinstall reicast making sure to delete all data and the cache and start anew.

Should maybe have messed around more before posting....;)

Don't know why this is happening, and it doesn't seem to be related to just this version, see:

http://forums.reicast.com/index.php?topic=1553.msg2444#msg2444

• 2 weeks later...

I'm able to install the latest version (with the help of a mouse) and it seems to run ok.  One thing I noticed in Unreal Tournament, the instant I touch the left thumbstick to look around, it pans straight down and continuously forces my view down.  Have you tried it?

14 hours ago, aftermath17 said:

I'm able to install the latest version (with the help of a mouse) and it seems to run ok.  One thing I noticed in Unreal Tournament, the instant I touch the left thumbstick to look around, it pans straight down and continuously forces my view down.  Have you tried it?

Tested it, same here. And screen is flashing, and menu is weird. It's not exactly the only game that doesn't work properly in Reicast, so I would just leave it at that.

Hopefully, a later version of the emulator could fix the game.

Archived