Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

logitech steering wheel controls not working when changing systems in hyperspin

wardiz

Hi there , 

I've converted a world rally upright cabinet into a mame racing cab . I have been able to get the model 2 and 3 to work fine and also mame racing games when I start them on there own . 

I have been able to play mame perfectly through hyperspin but when I change systems and play the sega model 2 , none of my controls work .

I'm able to play it perfectly when I start it without hyperspin running , but when I'm in hyperspin the controls don't seem to change accordingly to what system I move to.

Is it something to do with the Logitech profiler ? 

I'm using a Logitech gt force steering wheel with pedals .

Any help would be awesome , thanks

I've never tried a logitech wheel with any emulators so I can't say. Did you just rip out the arcade wheel and padels and install the logitech one? Are you using any keymapping apps or anything that could be causeing it? Or any changing control profiles etc...?

Hey mate , 

Yeah I removed the original steering wheel and accelerator .

Then to get the arcade buttons to work with the pc inside I wired up a U-HID converter . 

For the steering and pedals I'm running the Logitech gt force , it has its own profiler settings .

Most of the mame racing games have to have the setting "combined pedals" ticked to work properly .

The sega model 2 has to have the "combined pedals" not ticked, but when your in hyperspin I'd like to know if there is a way of changing between mame/model 2 without this conflict of settings making the controls not work ?

IMG_2515.JPG

• 3 months later...

Yes I got it to work smoothly . You have to setup a profile for each of the emulators your going to use the steering wheel in . You do this with the Logitech profiler software . Make sure the box is ticked to automatically assign profile . Hopefully that helps .

I have set up my G27  logitec profile per emulator wise.
Project Racing
Sega Model 2
Sega Model 3
Sega Triforce
Naomi

I have not tried launching thru HS yet , but just from RL only which works fine during test drives.

Only think I cannot figure out Naomi games they use different mappings per game. So I cant figure out the solution in demul to set more than 1 mapping per game. Not sure if Logitec profiler can handle  per game and how to link it.

2 hours ago, Vicinus said:

Thank you for answering. I'll try that out when i'm home.

But if i need to change it inside Mame (through Hyperspin), i need two profiles, two Mame-wheels?

You only need 1 profile for mame , once you opened a game inside of hyperspin on the mame wheel . The mame profile will start automatically allowing you to use the steering wheel and pedals (in combined mode).

You will have to setup your steering controls for mame driving games by using the "tab" button whilst in a mame game .

2 hours ago, wardiz said:

You only need 1 profile for mame , once you opened a game inside of hyperspin on the mame wheel . The mame profile will start automatically allowing you to use the steering wheel and pedals (in combined mode).

You will have to setup your steering controls for mame driving games by using the "tab" button whilst in a mame game .

That's my issue right there. Some games on Mame require combined pedals, others won't work with it. Super Hang On, OutRun or WEC Le Mans for example must have the box for combined pedals unticked. Chequered flag does need combined pedals. No matter how i setup the analog controls in mame, the pedals won't work for all games with only one configuration.

I didn't use the analog pedal option in mame, I think it was causing some issues for me . 

In mame 

I setup my accelator to inc -

and brake to inc +

In mame Logitech profiler

combined pedals box ticked .

and all my racing games respond well to that and are playable . 

Archived