Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Help needed with Hyperspin Initial Set-up with mame emulator?

JustPaul

Hi Everyone, I am a first time MAME arcade cabinet builder and very excited about this project. I have been reading article after article and tutorial after tutorial, and i very, very confused of where to start. So, let me give explain my adventure so far. I have downloaded the latest version of MAME .184, also i have the matching MERGED rom set .184. I would like to use a nice front end like hyperspin, so I have downloaded and setup hyperspin and rocketlauncher (per simply austin tutorials). I added the MAME emulator and complete MERGED ROM set within HS & RL. Now this is where the confusion comes in; Several ROMs are not able to be loaded/played through MAME after I set-up MAME in hyperspin. Am i suppose to split the Merged ROM set? If so how do I go about doing that. Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

FWIW I run a pared down setup, with only those ROMs I use in my ROM folder (I keep the full ROMset in a different folder on an external drive). I'm not interested in thousands of games, just those I think are worth playing.

I used to use the split set, and so I had necessary parent, clone, and BIOS ROMs in my ROM folder, but I recently switched to the newer non-merged set. Now I only need to have those specific game ROM zips in my folder. The increase in storage needs is negligible (in my setup) and now I have the exact number of files in my folder as XML entries. For me, it makes things easier to control and audit as I try to complete my bezel and other media sets and continue to tweak my setup.

Archived