Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Slow emulators in HyperSpin

Mr Black Arm

I'm not sure if it's my PC not being strong enough or I have settings off.

I use NullDC for Dreamcast. When I run the emulator by itself in windowed mode, it runs perfect (I tested with the game EGG).

When I tested in HyperSpin, fullscreen, it ran choppy and slow (I tried to play Soul Calibur and Sword of Berserk).

PC Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.50 Ghz

2 GB Ram

Basic Integrated Intel Video (Laptop)

Now, 3DO also ran slow/choppy (I tested Alone in the Dark).

JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING:

The games that ran slow are all 3D games right? So is it just my PC that won't allow me to run 3D type games? I will try to play EGG in HyperSpin, fullscreen and see what it does.

Figured I would continue to post this to see if you guys think that's what the issue is. Thanks.

i had the same problem but on mame, i had to enable sleepoption to 1 and instead of d3d i had to use ddraw, but since your talking about another amu, i can not be sure if this helps.

i had the same problem but on mame, i had to enable sleepoption to 1 and instead of d3d i had to use ddraw, but since your talking about another amu, i can not be sure if this helps.

This may be the same problem, because 3D games in MAME do the same thing too. I'm going to look for those settings, but in the meantime of searching, could you tell me where you found them (just incase I don't find them)? Thanks.

I'm not sure if it's my PC not being strong enough or I have settings off.

I use NullDC for Dreamcast. When I run the emulator by itself in windowed mode, it runs perfect (I tested with the game EGG).

When I tested in HyperSpin, fullscreen, it ran choppy and slow (I tried to play Soul Calibur and Sword of Berserk).

PC Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.50 Ghz

2 GB Ram

Basic Integrated Intel Video (Laptop)

Now, 3DO also ran slow/choppy (I tested Alone in the Dark).

JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING:

The games that ran slow are all 3D games right? So is it just my PC that won't allow me to run 3D type games? I will try to play EGG in HyperSpin, fullscreen and see what it does.

Figured I would continue to post this to see if you guys think that's what the issue is. Thanks.

Your integrated graphics card might be seriously hurting you when you try and run some of the later generation emulators.

• 3 years later...

I have Pentium 4 CPU 2.67ghz with 2gb ram 2.66ghz with a Radeon x1300/1500 AGP. Hyperspin works fine for me, but had to remove Dreamcast from the wheel because it would just crash. Haven't tried Naomi and Atomisware yet, but I can only assume my PC won't be able to run those games/emulators

Archived