Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Launch an emulator directly from the main menu wheel?

Honosuseri

Hey fellow Spinners!

The title of course hints at what I am after.  I know it's an usual request and not really how Hyperspin is designed to work. So before I even attempted it, I thought I'd ask you wonderful folks if it's even possible? 

Specifically with my Shield TV, I'd like to launch the UAE4ARM emulator when Amiga is selected from the main menu, rather than go into the game wheel which references from the .xml database file. It would be nice to load the emulator with my customised config file made in it, so that would automatically go straight into the Workbench 3.1 environment I have setup. Once in the Workbench desktop I'm quite happy to choose my WHDload games from within there. Ideally I'd love to do this for the standalone SCUMMVM app (not the retroarch core) too and just choose my games from within there that have been added in.

I am using the beta version of UAE4ARM and I do understand there is currently work being done to make UAE4ARM "friendly" with launching from external apps (i.e Hyperspin). I don't want to use .ADF files and if we can eventually launch .HDF games from the game wheel, then I may well adopt that. Although if I could get this method working I'd be happy with that for the foreseeable future.

Thanks in advance for your time and any thoughts you share.

Afaik you cant launch things straight from main menu. I tried many ways but couldnt get it working. Long time ago now.

There is an .apk for uae4arm that allows for launching straght to game from wheel now. Not sure if its publically availiable yet. Im not good on amiga emulation at all. 

Thanks for the rapid reply, this is why I asked before devoting time to what could have been a lost cause lol

I'm registered as a google play "beta tester" for the app, so I think I already have that ".apk" you're talking about installed. Switching to a beta tester definitely updated the app and fixed issues I had with the mouse cursor that I do know. I suppose I could make my own amiga.xml for the database folder. Then I could look into making  my own game wheel for "Workbench". I'll have a play around when I have some free time and see what happens.

I must say it's great seeing devs for android apps being so proactive to get their stuff showed off with Hyperspin :)

Thanks again thatman84 and anyone else who might chime in and offer some help.

Archived