Sign in to follow this  
Norkusa

Consoles using MAME to emulate not working

I installed a bunch of new consoles on my HS last weekend (using Shield TV PRO).  Most worked without any issues but I'm having problems  with getting a few of them to run....Astrocade, Adventurevision, and Atari 5200. All of these systems I've set up using MAME to emulate, via the Working Systems list posted in this form.

I have MAME working fine on my HS setup, but these classic consoles using the MAME emulator to run aren't palying anything. I must have it set up wrong but I don't know what I'm doing. Possibly a BIOS issue? I never added any for these consoles but I didn't see any mention anywhere of having to use a BIOS either.   Here are my settings for the 5200 but the Astrocade + Adventurevision settings look the same:

path=H:\hyperspin\emulators\Atari 5200\
rompath=Emulators/Atari 5200/roms/
userompath=true
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension=a52
parameters=cores/mame_libretro_android.so

Check the start and end of this thread

There is a Atari5200 guide I done floating about.

Basically theres 2 options- 

1. Use software list roms from mame sets that are zipped shortnames. Setup bios files, roms and hash folder for retroarch as per the guide I mentioned

Then rename all artwork. Some artwork sets are done under my name on emumovies ftp.

Then use an xml from Phulshoffs set in the official mame database thread

2. Use my CMD file method to launch games in there standard format like .a52 or .bin for Atari 5200. Need to setup a a5200.ini file for retroarch mame

No need to rename anything and can use standard xml.

Draw back is for some sustems you will need to pass different commands in the .cmd file for cart or something else. Details in the end of that thread I posted

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mamefan
      Hi. I have hundreds of Hypermarquee MAME gameplay videos here http://www.youtube.com/c/mamefan
      I also have a video showing how to get it working.
    • By jevs
      Hi all.    very new to this, but a bit handy when it comes to building stuff. 
      A good friend of mine showed me his bartop machin that he was in the process of buillding and after looking at some of the games etc (running on pi) i was wowed.    decided to have a go myself as I was off work over xmas.....so it begins...

Had a look around the web for the kind of machine I wanted to build but nithing really caught my eye so went with a standard kind of cabinet - no sizes or plans, just a little sketch on the back of a used envelope and away we go - only consideration I had to make was the screen size.   Popped to my local currys/pc world - had a look, wanted to have 4k - but whch size?  once its bought you cant go any bigger so I figured its all or nothing so picked up a 43" 4k LG smart tv. 
      Everything was build around it, so I only had to make sure the inside dimension of the cabinet was 40" had it all built and working in about 3 days - took another 5 days or so adding bits here and there...speakers and subwoofer, foot rail, hidden draw for keyboard /mouse etc.

all worked out great - still learning config of hyperspin but will get there in the end

Cant wait to build the MK2 now....
      video below  - compiled from pictures i took while maing the cabinet - all put together by apple iphone lol.  
      Jevs Arcade - youtube

Taken this morning after fitting the footrail. pretty much finished now  hope you like!