Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Problems Setting Up Muti-System Wheel

Skoobie0000

Hello all. New to Hyperspin here, working my way through the process. I'm attempting to build a Ready Player One theme that includes all the referenced games in the book (excluding text adventures or anything that requires use of a keyboard). The .xml only includes MAME games and a few Atari 2600 games. I used the how-to below but cannot get the games to launch from Hyperspin. They launch fine from Rocket Launcher and all the games come up green when audited (used the alternate emulator tab to define each game). I get the attached error when I try to launch them from the wheel however. Any ideas? I'm thinking I screwed something up in HyperHQ? Thank's in advance!

HS_Error.png

I always wanted to try this... although the mame wheel is big enough never mind adding to it! I am trying to get my wheels smaller instead.

Anyway, HQ settings are only used to define what shows up on the wheel, it has nothing to do with launching if you set it to use RL (hyperlaunch).

Maybe your path to RL is wrong in your HS settings ini?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

You will need to go into your Emulators.ini file in the blktiger. folder and manually set it.

As you said Mame is the primary in the wheel just set it to match the name of your Preferred Mame Emulator as per below.

[ROMS]
Default_Emulator=MAME
Rom_Path=..\Roms\MAME

Then you only need to setup the other games/systems in the alternate emulators tab for your wheel.

I appreciate the replies everyone. 

I actually figured it out on my own. The tutorial I posted instructs you to add the following params line in HyperHQ

"Ready Player One" -f "D:\Arcade\HyperSpin.exe" -p HyperSpin" 

This was calling an Emulators.ini that didn't exist (in this case blktiger.) I removed the command line completely and kept the alternate emulators filled out as before and everything started launching fine. 

Thanks again for the help!

image.png

Archived