The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Changing Themes

swurver

I've been looking around at all of the HQ artwork at EmuMovies and had some questions.  Can I replace the both the main menu and game menu with the same template/theme or do I need one for the main menu and one for the games menu once you select the system?  If so, do I just the files it into a default.zip file and replace the existing one in the Theme folder?  I came across some Platform Videos as well for the main menu that are HQ .mp4 files.  How can I use those on the main menu?  Just trying to get it looking as nice as possible!!!  My main concern is the main menu theme for the system matching up once I select it and it goes into the game selection menu.

I'm not sure about the Main Menu default thing. Check the change log on the latest PC update in the download section for Hyperspin. 

It may give you an idea of how to test it.

video themes need a simple theme.xml file in the whatever.zip theme and the video placed in videos folder. Search here and you will find the details. 

Main Menu can use a default theme. Each system can also use a default theme.

HS on a whole can use a default theme or a universal theme if you will, but there needs to be a copy for the Main Menu and then each system separately.

You might find you have to adjust the theme.xml to accommodate for your new video dimensions.

Or make a new theme from scratch via the HyperTheme program.

3 hours ago, Bungles said:

Main Menu can use a default theme. Each system can also use a default theme.

HS on a whole can use a default theme or a universal theme if you will, but there needs to be a copy for the Main Menu and then each system separately.

You might find you have to adjust the theme.xml to accommodate for your new video dimensions.

Or make a new theme from scratch via the HyperTheme program.

Thanks for confirming that Bungles. Hopefully it is compatibke with Droid. :)

Archived