Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Is it possible to share media across different wheels?

uptown47

Hi all,

With the help of this forum I've managed to set up a new wheel called "Gun Games" (I've just ordered a AimTrak light gun for the cabinet I built!).

I've put some American Laser Games and some Mame gun games in the folder and they are working fine through Hyperspin apart from the media?

I could probably copy the necessary media in to the Gun Games media folder but wondered if there was a way to avoid duplicating the media? Maybe a way to point the system to the media folder where the ROM is coming from?

Is this something that can be done? if not, it's not a big deal but just wanted to avoid duplicating media if possible?

Hi thatman, Bungles.

Thanks for the replies. It's not a biggy. I'll just copy the necessary media into the folder.

There's not going to be *that* many gun games anyway.

It was just that, as I've managed to suss out how to have multiple emulators in one wheel, I was going to set up a "Favourites" wheel and a few other things. However, I'll just copy the media and do it that way.

I appreciate you getting back to me and I'll have a look at "symlinks" as I've not heard of those.

Thanks again :)

Archived