Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

PC Motherboard Assembly problem

Vlad D Hellsing

Here's the problem, I'm using a PC system for the arcade. And used Jumpers to connect the front panel for the Power Switch, Reset Button, HDD LED, and Power LED. When I turn on the system, I get "No Signal" message on the Monitor. And thus the project has come to a stop(at least until the problem is fixed).

Also, no CD/DVD Drive is installed.

If anyone can show me some screenie of how their motherboard is assembled, it would help greatly.

Also some stuff to check for in case of any hardware issues:

-Do you have an onboard speaker, and if so, do you get one beep from it to let you know that POST was successful or do you get a series of long / short beeps

-When you turn on your PC, does your CPU fan kick on?

-Did you make any changes in BIOS (assuming if you had an intial display and made changes within your BIOS)? (ie overclocking, pointed your BIOS to look for a non-existent video adapter)

-If you have onboard video card, is your PSU sufficient to power your card? If you dont have have one installed, is it possible to grab a test video card, etc?

With hardware issues, you have to start with bare minimum setup to diagnose these issues: ie disconnect any HD/CD drives/Peripherials and start with CPU/Power Supply/one stick of RAM/video card (if applicable) and start working your way up by connecting your hardware up one at a time until something breaks

What is your make/model of your board/CPU/RAM/Power Supply/Video Card?

On Board Intergrated Video (using VGA port)

On Board Speakers, no Beeps. The Monitor doesn't show anything, not even POST... Just says no Signal after showing its Logo and the Energy Star Logo.

CPU Fan turns on, HDD works because I feel the faint vibrations.

No change on the BIOS

Using a 450W PSU

MoBo = MSI A78M-E35

RAM = x1 Patriot PSD34G160081 4GB PC3-12800 1600MHz CL11

CPU = AMD A4 5300 3.6GHZ Dual-Core Processor FM2

PSU = 450W Panther

HDD = WD 500GB Solid State Hard Drive

On Board Video and Sound

Thx for responding.

Not suggesting it's the same but my monitor packed in during my build. Got exactly the same no signal problem but I had been throwing it in and out of my cab.

Managed to gets bargain replacement 19" for £8.50 on eBay!!

So ended up better off.

It certainly sounds like a vid card issue or monitor if the hdd is spinning up etc.

Might not be but I'd start there,,,borrow a monitor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Monitor is brand new, it works on my friend's Laptop if we hook it up. But not on the said motherboard. Also, I forgot to mention that this is the 2nd motherboard we used both first and the second one is the same model. we had the first one exchanged thinking the first one was defective.

I would pop the battery from the mobo, unplug the psu and reset the bios. Put the battery back in and power cord and fire it up again.

What mobo and cpu is it? Model numbers?

Do new mobos have onboard igp's or is it with the cpu, core i7.

So did you buy a cpu with an igp (integrated graphics processor)

I looked at your MB specs and quick question, are you connecting your monitor up via DVI, VGA, or HDMI? Have you also checked the cabling going to your monitor?

Would there be an issue with the monitor detecting the signal from one of those 3 inputs, you might have to switch that on the monitor.

My Dell has a display port going to the monitor and HDMI going to the projector. If I want to get into the bios I need to switch on the projector.

Archived