Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Shield TV: Shield Experience 7 (Android 8 Oreo)

Honosuseri

1 minute ago, Honosuseri said:

iirc it's version 5.0 6050 I have installed. I'll put a snippet from my .ini file below...

[exe info]
path=
rompath=/storage/emulated/0/Hyperspin/Roms/Nintendo GameCube
userompath=True
exe=org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu/org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.ui.main.MainActivity
romextension=gcm,iso,
parameters=AutoStartFile
searchsubfolders=true
pcgame=false
winstate=HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=true

Retroarch isn't always the way forward. I've already discussed getting Yaba Sanshiro working earlier in this thread. I have Reicast working as well, it's not Android Oreo that's the problem.

It's an app called Quickshortcutmaker. It's handy for the .exe but doesn't tell you what to use on the parameters line. I can recommend another Frontend called Arc Browser. Yes it costs money but compliments Hyperspin well on my Shield TV and I use it on my Nokia 8 phone as Hyperspin is NOT compatible with it. The dev. Freelancer makes templates for systems, you can copy the settings he uses for your Hyperspin ini files..takes some of the guess work out of it.

Thanks for the snippet, good to know will paste over the top to make sure not fat finger problem. 

Riecast seems fine on my phone it was just the play store version on my shield TV it wouldn't open anything, the app doesn't even appear in my list of apps, and if I select it on play store (installed) no option to open only uninstall. side load the latest version and it was fine. 

Will also look at Arc Browser

Im new to android and hyperspin so could be newbie errors, and following to many unhelpful you tube vids. 

Up to now be using Provenance on Apple TV but its very limited. 

19 minutes ago, ciscosurplus said:

Thanks for the snippet, good to know will paste over the top to make sure not fat finger problem. 

No worries. My exe line is different it's not a "fat fingers" issue, I remember having to change it.

Will also look at Arc Browser

Arc Browser is great and is actively being developed. There is an active thread on the Gerforce Shield TV board, Freelancer listens and does reply to his customers...it's why I'm happy to recommend it.

Im new to android and hyperspin so could be newbie errors, and following to many unhelpful you tube vids. 

Up to now be using Provenance on Apple TV but its very limited. 

We all have to start somewhere, Apple is overpriced shoddily made garbage! I do component level repair, it's not being a fan boy I know what I'm talking about. I used to do Youtube videos to help people but I sadly just don't have the time to do it anymore. I'll be flying out to Latvia soon and then sailing on to Russia...hard to be a content creator on the open seas ;)

I do my best to try and help when on terra firma, luckily we do have a good community here for the Shield TV. It's an awesome bit of kit, even better when you put some extra time into it tweaking :)

Bingo 

your settings worked, looking at 1. base pack 2. the settings thread and 3. the pack I got all are missing the "ui" piece. interestingly the app store version has .free in the package name also if you install now, if you download the latest build.. Its doesn't. 

I'll be flying out to Latvia soon and then sailing on to Russia...hard to be a content creator on the open seas ;)

Enjoy the trip. 

UAE4ARM UPDATE:

This has cheered me up somewhat. Latest version of UAE4ARM is now "working" in a fashion on Android TV. The emulator will now open but does crash, I've launched a few games and Workbench from Hyperspin, these will also crash eventually but seem to fair better than the emulator GUI.

The emulator works just fine on Android phones, clearly an Android TV issue. Looks like the developer is making progress though. Seeing as there is little hope of seeing Amiberry on Android any time soon, UAE4ARM is the way to go. As mentioned in the OP there is an older beta version that can be installed which is fully working.

On 7/14/2018 at 9:20 PM, Honosuseri said:

There's a cheap app to buy which allows better customisation, even custom art for the tiles. It's name escapes me at the moment, I'm not bothered about it as I use KODI as a home screen replacement 

And here it is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dxidev.sideload.channel.launcher

I went one better and actually bought it (£1.49), not that I'm bothered about it BUT hopefully seeing it will help you guys out. The app allows us to add additional channels to the stock STV homescreen, we can customise the look of the tiles OR go all out and use it as a launcher to replace the Stock STV homescreen....

Added in the Sideload channel below Apps. You can see some alternate artwork for Hyperspin, Arc Browser and ScummVM. Clicking the "blue dots" icon brings up the app drawer, it's much like Sideload launcher giving us access to apps the stock STV app drawer doesn't see. Clicking the "Sideload Channel" tile switches to the new launcher (i.e Custom Homescreen).

View of the app drawer from clicking the blue dots...functions much like the Sideload Launcher app. I should now really uninstall that.

Custom Homescreen I quickly threw together. Added a custom wallpaper, you can have additional rows for shows, music, files and cloud. You can use tiles or icons, as seen in the store row.

That looks pretty slick. £1.50 is probably worth it to gain some simple flexibility. Kodi is awesome but I find it fairly time consuming on a maintaining front. Shield home screen is enough for me.

I will go update the settings ppst with the newer launch code

Not a Nintendo fan myself but as I was asked about Dolphin...I've installed Dolphin 5.0 8488

We now have support for channels on the Oreo homescreen (see screenshot below). I've tested a few games and the Vulkan API is working well with them. Metroid Prime (Gamecube game) for example seems to be running much better now. I recall my friend @Grrrrallye saying it would stutter heavily when transforming into the orb, in the old build we were both using. No changes were required to my .ini files, just sideloaded the new .apk file.

I have the emulated CPU clock speed set at 70% and this seems to work well with the Gamecube and Wii games I tried. I'll tinker with this setting and other titles to see if I can get any better performance. Let me know how you guys get on with it.

Screenshot_20180727-052618.png

Archived