Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

samwyze

Okay, I have been using the fplaunch with the 3...2..1... exit hold down for a while it works great. I just tried upgrading to the new with pause and loading screen, but it doesnt' work right for me....can someone help me out....I want this functionality, but I just want the ESC key to allow me to exit the game with the 3...2...1.. timer, and my G key to pause the game....and the loading screen for bonus. Currently using the 1.292 version my ESC key is pausing and my G key (GENRE/Pause) does nothing, so there is no way out of my games using my cabinet.....help!!! :) and thanks.....

You have this options in settings.ini file in settings directory:

[FPLaunch]

exitScriptKey=q & s

exitEmulatorKey=Esc

toggleCursorKey=t

pauseVPinball=p

hideCursor=true

hideDesktop=true

hideTaskbar=true

useExitScreen=false

usePauseKey=true

useLoadScreen=true

fadespeed=25

UseExitAsPause=true

exitEmulatorKey2=1

exitEmulatorKey3=Enter

pauseFPKey=RButton

saveFPTables=true

so just change useexitscreen to true, pausekey to g and useexitaspause to false.

Actually i forgot to say - you don't need to change anything - with default options as above you can exit just by pressing 1 or Enter while in pause.

Edited by blur

• 2 weeks later...

I could use a little help on the settings. I have a couple of issues.

1. When using the exit screen as soon as I touch the exit button the the VP Esc options comes up and then loses focus. My only option at this point it to either hold exit which generates the Exit 3,2,1 screen and exits correctly or go to the keyboard and Alt-Tab back to VP. I am assuming if I momentarily bump the exit button I should see the Exit 3 screen momentarily then be returned back to the game when the exit button is released?

2. FP Pause - I have enabled the mouse in the FP Editor and mouse pause is bound to Right so Right Mouse. FP will only pause if I have UseExitAsPause=True. I do not want to use exit as pause though as I wish to keep my Pause button separate from my exit button. Is there any way to get the FP Pause to work without using ExitAsPause?

Here are my bindings in case that helps someone tell what I may need to change.

[FPLaunch]

exitScriptKey=q & s

exitEmulatorKey=Esc

toggleCursorKey=t

pauseVPinball=g

hideCursor=true

hideDesktop=true

hideTaskbar=false

useExitScreen=false

usePauseKey=true

useLoadScreen=true

fadespeed=20

UseExitAsPause=false

exitEmulatorKey2=1

pauseFPKey=RButton

saveFPTables=true

exitEmulatorKey3=Enter

Thanks!

1. what version of fplaunch are you using?

in 1.292 (last one) if you have useExitScreen=true and UseExitAsPause=true then first option has priority so you have ONLY exit321 screen, there is no pause on exit

i didn't do "short press - pause - long press - exit 321" on same key, that will be in next release

2. not possible, but you can change this:

if (useExitAsPause = "true") {
	Paused = 0
	Hotkey, $%exitEmulatorKey%, PauseFP
	Hotkey, $%pauseVPinball%, PauseFP
	Hotkey, $%pauseFPKey%, PauseFP
	Hotkey, $Pause, PauseFP
} else
	Hotkey, $%exitEmulatorKey%, CloseFP

to this:

if (useExitAsPause = "true") {
	Paused = 0
	Hotkey, $%exitEmulatorKey%, PauseFP
	Hotkey, $Pause, PauseFP
} else {
	Paused = 0
	Hotkey, $%exitEmulatorKey%, CloseFP
	Hotkey, $Pause, PauseFP
}

and recompile ahk

I am using the latest release (FPLaunch1.292.zip). On issue #1 I am not using UseExitAsPause but am trying to use the exit screen. I had turned the exit screen feature off as it was not working for me and I pasted in my settings after I made the change. So with useExitScreen=true I should get the Exit 3,2,1 when I hold the exit button which I do. My problem is that is a bump the button on accident the VP Esc menu comes up instantly and loses focus so when I let off of the accidental exit button push I am left with the VP Esc window which does not have focus. My only options are to go ahead and hold exit and exit the table or Alt-Tab back to VP to regain focus. Here is how my settings are:

[FPLaunch]

exitScriptKey=q & s

exitEmulatorKey=Esc

toggleCursorKey=t

pauseVPinball=g

hideCursor=true

hideDesktop=true

hideTaskbar=false

useExitScreen=true

usePauseKey=true

useLoadScreen=true

fadespeed=20

UseExitAsPause=false

exitEmulatorKey2=1

Issue #2 - will the code you listed for me allow me to pause FP with UseExitAsPause = false?

Thanks for your help and quick response. The additions of your FP Launch script to the cabinet is awesome!

pauseFPKey=RButton

saveFPTables=true

exitEmulatorKey3=Enter

I have not changed any of the HyperPin keybinds if that is what you are asking about. My FPLaunch keys are listed above. By default exitEmulatorKey=Esc. On my cab I use a button and ipac to send the Escape to the PC.

About that code you said I could update, what does it do?

Thanks

code above is for enabling pause key in fp for pause while esc is for exit

i will probably make it that way in new release so that pause key does not depend on using exit as pause

about your Esc problem - sometimes autohotkey just can't stop windows from sending a key to active window - this is true for some joysticks and gamepads and some other controllers based on joysticks controllers, and probably for your ipac, do you see your ipac as keyboard or as a joystick in windows?

so what happens is esc key is mapped through script to some function but still it gets to the active window

this problem was not visible before cause before that function would close vp or fp and you would not see if it got esc key press or not cause vp would be long gone, dead, closed ...

what you could do now is use enter (plunger) to get back to game (which is pretty annoying)

or you could map your ipac key to some non invasive key that doesn't do anything in VP - like "o" and set that "o" as exitemulatorkey in your config and in hyperpin also

Edited by blur

Thanks for the info Blur. I will try that updated FP code. I am not sure how to change HyperPins key binds.

Is it this section:

[Keyboard]

Key_Delay = false

Start = 13

Exit = 27

Up = 150

Down = 149

SkipUp = 191

SkipDown = 90

Flyer = 70

Instruction = 73

Genre = 71

Service = 9

Ok, that was very helpful. I have added the code for enabling pause key in fp for pause while esc is for exit. Works great.

I changed my HyperPin, FP Launch exitemulatorkey, and cab button (IPAC) to use the "e" key for exit. This triggers the Exit 3,2,1 fine but it does not work as expected. The Exit 3,2,1 screen just flashes on and off. It does not see the button being held continuously. I have tried other buttons as a test for the exitemulatorkey and they all work as I just described. The only key that works as expected is Esc. I made sure and tested the new "e" key as exit before I modified the ahk and re-compiled so it is not anything I did to the code. :) Any thoughts?

look at the hyperlaunch 1.292 source

find the exitScreen: function

find the lines:

Loop

{

GetKeyState, state, Esc

and change Esc to %exitEmulatorKey%

Looks like Esc key was hardcoded in this function so it was checked if Esc key is down instead of if exitemulatorkey is down

Edited by blur

I'm back...

Well looks good Blur, glad to see you're keeping this alive!

Sadly my father-in-law has passed away (after a long battle with cancer) and so pinball has been the last thing on my mind. However, with the kids back into the routine of school, I think it might be a nice distraction.

I still don't have my cab reassembled, it's just the lpt-switch to interface the keys left to redo, but I'm happy to use the keyboard to move along this script.

How do you feel about starting a new thread Blur? I could update the first post to point to it, that way, if I run thin on time you could keep it up to date.

In the meantime I will update the first post to point to your current builds.

I'm back...

Well looks good Blur, glad to see you're keeping this alive!

Sadly my father-in-law has passed away (after a long battle with cancer) and so pinball has been the last thing on my mind. However, with the kids back into the routine of school, I think it might be a nice distraction.

I still don't have my cab reassembled, it's just the lpt-switch to interface the keys left to redo, but I'm happy to use the keyboard to move along this script.

How do you feel about starting a new thread Blur? I could update the first post to point to it, that way, if I run thin on time you could keep it up to date.

In the meantime I will update the first post to point to your current builds.

You have my sincere sympathy.

hi sam, welcome back, sorry about your father-in-law

i don't think new thread is necessary since i'm planning major hostile takeover of thread in version 1.293 :)

just kidding, second post is quite ok for crucial info, or some new download link

what are you plans for coding? i thought about putting new things from 1.13 to 1.293 and maybe try to put pause and loading screen over fp also

then i could forget about 1.13 version and we could keep just one version

did you thought about putting animated AND transparent gif or png over the FP? would it work? Or non animated but transparent png - or with fp we will have to use non transparent images?

what are you plans for coding? i thought about putting new things from 1.13 to 1.293 and maybe try to put pause and loading screen over fp also

Haven't had a play with the latest versions yet, but yeah let's start by combining the 2 then add the gfx overlays.

Did you thought about putting animated AND transparent gif or png over the FP? would it work? Or non animated but transparent png - or with fp we will have to use non transparent images?

The goal would be to have them animated, easiest/fastest way to do this is with screen captures. I looked at using d3d routines but things got too tricky with memory leaks etc.. unfortunately my programming skills are minimal!

animated images for me were not related to screen capture

i was thinking about:

1. using one animated image for loading screen so that we can just put that one image instead of cycling through many of them with the script

2. using one exit 321 animated image again to avoid loops and change of exit images

but it won't be a big problem if this doesn't work since i have a script that does it already

for transparency - maybe i will never need it - during loading black screen over fp is quite alright, during exit also, and for pause - hi score fp screen is just fine