Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

samwyze

for fp i wanted to avoid hiscores screen so that pause looks the same in vp and fp

i was first sending pause and then doing the screenshot, but then fp was so slow so screenshot would be done before fp would show pause hiscores :)

some sleep would maybe fix this

and after unpausing fp would sometimes get pause sometimes not, again some sleep or winwaitactive would probably fix this

will try it

for flickering - it would be great to try that libs but i think major part of blitz's flickering is caused by winhide not working on windows 7

i will have to test it, i have only one win7 pc and kids play cod all the time on it :)

i've found on the net that winmove to some offscreen location helps

I've changed pause like sam said.

First i send pause, then printscreen, then blue pause screen.

I've added winwaitactive so now fp gets pause key every time, no misses.

How it looks like - first you get hi scores, then few ms later blue pause.

same when you close pause, first blue screen disappears, then hi score disappears.

There is no any lag and you have hiscores and looks the same as in vp.

Hi score table is high enough so there is no need to change blue screen position.

I still have to change script a bit (closefp and showfp functions) because of this change and then will upload it.

That sounds freaking awesome! I like the idea of having the blue pause screen consistent between VP and FP and understood that was your goal but if I had to pick or choose I would have taken the high score screen so I could have fast access to the high scores. Your solution gives both. Perfect. I am looking forward to the next update. Thanks to both of you.

Here is new version 1.294

No lag on pause in fp and hi scores visible in fp and same blue pause screen in vp and fp.

This version is with images - so it's little bit bigger but you don't need to donwnload 1.28:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GNGZV6VL

For fplaunch manual check second post in this thread: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=100473#post100473

Edited by blur

Hi, thanks for the update works great!.

In reference to getting rid of the vp nag screens the gameex front end has an app called vpauto that does just that, its launched with each table and works perfectly.

Although have not had any luck getting it to play nice with hyperpin , prolly just got the wrong commandline though.

Any way thats just food for thought.

tnx for the idea rocky

i thought about checking this nag window class with winspy and then sending some ok clicks if that window class appears

will see what will be easier to implement

I also thought about showing any dialog box that pops up on the screen - this way you could see any error that could appear and respond to it

but that's for another release :)

Everything is working great for me on this latest version, except I still can't get my pause button and Exit to work right together, its either one or the other. My Exit Key is "Esc" and my Puase key is "g" When I do get it almost working and I exit my table I notice FBLaunch is bricking my settings over in the settings.ini to defaults. Any Ideas? Here are the settings I want to use.

[FPLaunch]

exitScriptKey=Esc

exitEmulatorKey=Esc

toggleCursorKey=t

pauseVPinball=g

hideCursor=true

hideDesktop=true

hideTaskbar=true

useExitScreen=true

usePauseKey=true

useLoadScreen=true

fadespeed=25

UseExitAsPause=false

#exitEmulatorKey2=1

#exitEmulatorKey3=Enter

pauseFPKey=g

saveFPTables=true

#exitEmulatorKey2=1

#exitEmulatorKey3=Enter

#exitEmulatorKey2=1

#exitEmulatorKey3=Enter

#exitEmulatorKey2=1

#exitEmulatorKey3=Enter

You can't have commented options.

You must have all options in settings file and change them as you wish

if you comment them script will see that you don't have some of the new options and set them to defaults.

so uncomment exitemulator2 ad 3

then, you have some errors in settings:

- "exit script key" must not be esc - this is usually q & s - this is the key for killing everything when script freezes, it's not good to have it set to esc

- it is safe to set "use exit as pause" - to true, short press on exit will be pause, long press exit321, if you set it to false exit will have only long press working

- "pause FP key" can't be g - this is the key that has to be configured inside FP configuration to act as pause, since FP has only support for joystick and mouse keys acting as pause it is best to use RButton (right mouse button) - so this has to be rbutton or some other joystick key that you configured in FP

you don't have to have this key anywhere on your cab, it is not used physically, it is just sent by the script

physical key used for pausing fp is pauseVPinball key (name pauseVPinball is for historical reasons) - when you press this key on your cab, pausefpkey is sent to fp, so fp must be configured to do pause on pausefpkey

Edited by blur

Recomended settings are:

[FPLaunch]

exitScriptKey=q & s

exitEmulatorKey=Esc

toggleCursorKey=t

pauseVPinball=p

hideCursor=true

hideDesktop=true

hideTaskbar=true

useExitScreen=true

usePauseKey=true

useLoadScreen=true

fadespeed=25

UseExitAsPause=true

exitEmulatorKey2=1

exitEmulatorKey3=Enter

pauseFPKey=RButton

saveFPTables=true

Dont forget to configure RButton as pause in FP. (I will send screenshot later when i come home).

post-15873-142870572628_thumb.jpg

Edited by blur
picture upload

blitz for your taskbar visible in 20% tables i found this on autohotkey site:

When a window is activated immediately after the activation of some other window, task bar buttons might start flashing on some systems (depending on OS and settings). To prevent this, use #WinActivateForce.

Did you ever had this problem with old scripts?

If not then probably this part of the script is causing problems:

IfWinActive, Visual Pinball Player,, DMD ;Check if visual pinball is Ready

{

WinActivate, ahk_class TBackglass

WinActivate, ahk_class MAME

WinActivate, ahk_class VPPlayer

Break

}

This is in CreateLoadScreen: function, while loading screen is moving i'm waiting for vpplayer to load

after vpplayer is activated, backglass, mame and vpplayer are activated AGAIN and one right after another to make mame visible over backglass.

this could cause problems

you can try to put command #winactivateforce instead of every winactivate or put sleep 50 before every winactivate (and then recompile)

let me know if this helps

Edited by blur

Also, I've found this autoit gameex script that closes automatically every nag window that can pop up (tnx rocky for sending it, tnx gameex team for developing it):

SetTitleMatchMode,2
WinWaitActive, Please,,2
ifWinExist, Please,, gosub, newrom
ifWinExist, Game Info,, goto, ginfo
WinWaitActive, Please,,2
ifWinExist, Notice,, goto, ginfo
WinWaitActive, Please,,2
WinWaitActive, Please,,1

WinWaitActive, Player,,7
WinMaximize, Player
WinWaitActive, Player,,12

WinActivate, Player

WinWaitActive, Player,,5
WinWaitNotActive, Player
Send,{TAB}
Send,{ENTER}
WinClose, Visual Pinball

Exit

newrom:
Send,{TAB}
Send,{SPACE}
Send,{ENTER}
WinWaitActive, Notice,,1
Send,{ENTER}
WinWaitActive, dsddsds,,1
Send,{ENTER}
Return

ginfo:
Send,{ENTER}
Send,{ENTER}
Exit

it is autoit script but as you see commands are same as autohotkey so it will be very easy to add this to our script, somewhere inside loading screen loop (just before the code from previous post)

what do you think is it better to close all these windows or to show them for user to click. not everybody has mouse on cab, or wants to see these nag messages

blitz for your taskbar visible in 20% tables i found this on autohotkey site:

When a window is activated immediately after the activation of some other window, task bar buttons might start flashing on some systems (depending on OS and settings). To prevent this, use #WinActivateForce.

Did you ever had this problem with old scripts?

If not then probably this part of the script is causing problems:

IfWinActive, Visual Pinball Player,, DMD ;Check if visual pinball is Ready

{

WinActivate, ahk_class TBackglass

WinActivate, ahk_class MAME

WinActivate, ahk_class VPPlayer

Break

}

This is in CreateLoadScreen: function, while loading screen is moving i'm waiting for vpplayer to load

after vpplayer is activated, backglass, mame and vpplayer are activated AGAIN and one right after another to make mame visible over backglass.

this could cause problems

you can try to put command #winactivateforce instead of every winactivate or put sleep 50 before every winactivate (and then recompile)

let me know if this helps

It seems that it was doing it previous to the new release. I will try the adjustments you recommend and let you know. My cab is disassembles for upgrades currently though. I am hoping to have it up and running in a day or 2. I will test and let you know. Thanks for your help on this.

Also, I've found this autoit gameex script that closes automatically every nag window that can pop up (tnx rocky for sending it, tnx gameex team for developing it):

SetTitleMatchMode,2
WinWaitActive, Please,,2
WinWaitActive, Please,,2
WinWaitActive, Please,,2
WinWaitActive, Please,,1

WinWaitActive, Player,,7
WinMaximize, Player

WinActivate, Player

WinWaitActive, Player,,5
WinWaitNotActive, Player
Send,{TAB}
Send,{ENTER}
WinClose, Visual Pinball

Exit

newrom:
Send,{TAB}
Send,{SPACE}
Send,{ENTER}
WinWaitActive, Notice,,1
Send,{ENTER}
Send,{ENTER}
Return

ginfo:
Send,{ENTER}
Send,{ENTER}
Exit

it is autoit script but as you see commands are same as autohotkey so it will be very easy to add this to our script, somewhere inside loading screen loop (just before the code from previous post)

what do you think is it better to close all these windows or to show them for user to click. not everybody has mouse on cab, or wants to see these nag messages

I missed something, what nag screens are we talking about?

nag screens are mame terminology - it is when pinmame says on first run: "this rom is under copyright, you can use it only if you own it" or if you get some other error message which is usually invisible so you don't know what happened and hyperpin just freezes

with this additions hyperpin will just go through all messages and press enter and get you to the game, there will be no need to run every table outside of hyperpin first

SetTitleMatchMode,2
WinWaitActive, Please,,2
WinWaitActive, Please,,2
WinWaitActive, Please,,2
WinWaitActive, Please,,1

WinWaitActive, Player,,7
WinMaximize, Player

WinActivate, Player

WinWaitActive, Player,,5
WinWaitNotActive, Player
Send,{TAB}
Send,{ENTER}
WinClose, Visual Pinball

Exit

newrom:
Send,{TAB}
Send,{SPACE}
Send,{ENTER}
WinWaitActive, Notice,,1
Send,{ENTER}
Send,{ENTER}
Return

ginfo:
Send,{ENTER}
Send,{ENTER}
Exit

Its probably good to include an option to turn feature on and off. I for one would want nag screens to close but if I have trying to troubleshoot have them on

Here is my assessment. With the ini settings posted by Blur, everything works as it supposed to. I do see a task bar for a split second when exiting VP tables but not FP tables. This is the only thing that is keeping it from being perfect. Overall great improvement especially with FP since it was losing focus every now and then going back to HP. Spiderman, the only table I was having troubles with, is working fine.

Could someone explain to me high score functionality? Is the highest score displayed on DMD while the table exiting?

Edited by reko19

I vote to kill all screens, you can always open a table outside hyperpin to troubleshoot any problems.

This functionality alongside the dmd mover utility will save a huge amount of time on new installations.

I am not sure what if any licence tom spiers released vpauto under (hopes gpl)

but if the code is just used as inspiration....

Yup, code is just inspiration. My code is totally different.

I have nag screen removal ready for version 1.295 :)

short blinking of taskbar i think i can solve also - there was part of the code where taskbar was made visible just before exiting ahk. I commented that since it makes no sense to make taskbar visible while we are in hyperpin. I think that BBB already commented this from 1.0 to 1.1 to solve the same problem.

reko you have win 7 or xp?

I'm still waiting to see if some sleep or force activate will solve blitz problem with taskbar active during vp game.

there's no rush, i will probably put saving of screenshots and positioning of fp table in the next version also

rocky for dmd mover there are few scripts on forum that do that, or you can just delete all vpinmame tables from registry and take one good config (which you position on screen as you like) and copy it to default key in registry

then every new table will get settings from default settings (dmd position, rotation and all)

No prob, take your time bro :)

I see in your previous posts that you have problem with mercury switches tilting too much in your cab.

Did you tried to use "my" (I put it on vpf but many people worked on it) new core.vbs version 3.33? It has tiempo filtro - time in milliseconds during which no new nudge keys are accepted - so if you put this to 500 your mercury switch will send nudge signal but vp will not accept it until half a second passes from previous nudge. Default filter time is 200 i think, you can also try how default works for you.

Edited by blur