Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

samwyze

Thank Blur. I assume you will include that in the next build of the script?

yup, it's already added

so to summarize there is no solution for fp backglass on newest nvidia drivers on win7?

alt tab helps momentarily but when you return to playfield backglass is not visible again? And this problem happens in hp and outside of hp?

and winactivate and winset always on top in fplaunch script doesn't help?

Edited by blur

yup, it's already added

so to summarize there is no solution for fp backglass on newest nvidia drivers on win7?

alt tab helps momentarily but when you return to playfield backglass is not visible again? And this problem happens in hp and outside of hp?

and winactivate and winset always on top in fplaunch script doesn't help?

Yes, Yes, and Yes

Maybe with some luck the next nvidia driver release will fix it. Everyting works with FPLaunch so if we could just get the backglass to show up on FP load. I have tested a lot of combinations of setting changes in FP and my PC display settings trying to get it to work and never found anything showed any change in the behavior.

Nvidia driver 260.99 works for FP backglass but breaks FPLaunch.

Any newer nvidia driver fails to show the FP Backglass on table load but all FPLaunch features work great. A bug report has been logged with nvidia.

you get fp pause or blue pause screen or both?

if it is fp pause maybe you clicked right mouse buton, try using middle mouse button (wheel button) in script and fp instead?

if it is blue pause screen - then it can be Esc or P or Pause button, they all invoke same function.

do you have these keys somewhere is it possible that they are accidentally pressed?

As for big boss changes, i've sent pm to big boss for permission few days ago.

there is no answer for now

until i get the answer all changes from big boss are on hold, but anybody can merge them for them self in their script.

you get fp pause or blue pause screen or both?

As for big boss changes, i've sent pm to big boss for permission few days ago.

there is no answer for now

until i get the answer all changes from big boss are on hold, but anybody can merge them for them self in their script.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=112714#post112714

as per this thread bigboss is fine with you including it in your script.

The only thing I noticed is blue pause while in VP. Doubt this is caused by accidental button push. It usually happens once at the beginning of the game. After I clear it by pressing esc it does not pop up any more. This is not happening every time either, tough to point out why.

Edited by reko19

The only thing I noticed is blue pause while in VP. Doubt this is caused by accidental button push. It usually happens once at the beginning of the game. After I clear it by pressing esc it does not pop up any more. This is not happening every time either, tough to point out why.

I experience this too on VP. I get the HyperPin table selection image and the Pause image. When I push Pause the table restores and plays fine. Doesn't happen every time.

cyberk did you checked installation guide?

reko, blitz do you get this blue pause screen in vp at the moment you start table or in the middle of playing table?

bent I saw you asked bigboss about including slamit pinball, what i asked bigboss was to put support for multiple vp exe's and sound levels, any way in time i will probably put both :)

but i will try to fix as much bugs as possible before adding any new functionality, cause with new functionalities it will be more and more code to trace for old bugs

i've also noticed something while testing on windows7 with ati 4850 - first pause in fp gives me desktop instead of fp pause screen

second pause and all after that are ok

i found that printscreen gives desktop image instaed of fp image on first usage

i tried to put one print screen at launch of fp - did not help

i also tried to put two consecutive print screens and use only image from last one - also did not help, it looks like first shown image is always desktop, and second one is ok

did anybody had this problem also?

Here is the new version 1.295 wip (work in progress).

Not the final 1.295 but only temporary one with all the above bug fixes.

(gui destroy, exiting flag and commented taskbar)

Compiled exe included, no images.

Removal of nag screens is also implemented.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1HY7QXE0

Blur

Is this version only a fix for the win7 users at the moment,

besides the nag screen removal?

Also , the bigboss sound and version implementation will be a nice feature in future versions.

Even though 9.12 works fine, I find that it stalls and locks up in HP when loading alot of the time, while 9.08 doesn't.

this is fix for taskbar for all users and fix for ipac users

though to really fix ipac you should change polling rate.

I saw this over on another forum from The I-PAC Developer.

"The polling speed issue is not relevant. The I-PACs are full-speed USB devices and this polling speed restriction only applies to low-speed devices. The poll rate is 2ms."

Edited by deadsoulz

So we have two totally different cases?

For reko I have no idea why would a pause appear one minute in the game

and for blitz also no idea why it would appear on the loading but i will check both

expect another wip version without new functionalities soon

deadsoul - usb pooling on mame games is usually done to enable you faster response - so polling interval is decreased, this is what developer says is unneeded for ipac

what i was talking about is increasing polling interval to 5 or 10 miliseconds or more to enable software to consolidate, cause with autohotkey script you get all kinds of problems when rate is one or two miliseconds. game can be slow, performance problems, locking on long key presses, too many nudges and so on

this is only for usb devices, ps2 is another story.

though i did not find any good instruction to change this - every page talks about changing polling interval in the end only adds idle capability to usb.

does any one have good instructions?

Edited by blur

I experience this too on VP. I get the HyperPin table selection image and the Pause image. When I push Pause the table restores and plays fine. Doesn't happen every time.

Check that, it is not the Pause image but the Rendering Image that hangs. The table has loaded but does not show up until I do something like press Pause to actually Pause and then un-Pause. But it is very inconsistent. I just replaced my modified 295 with your original 295. So far I have not seen this issue again.

blitz that's a good news

reko do you have ahk compiler installed?

can you create shortcut to fplaunch.ahk and add parameters "Visual Pinball" "CV table name" in it like it is described here:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=111569#post111569

and then when you get blue pause screen you can do alt-F4 and copy key history first, and then script log so i can check what happened?