Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

bexel/controller display setup

craiganderson

hello,

Im just starting to mess around with bezels in hyperlaunch/media/bezels. I'm assuming that some people display controller info on the bezel during gameplay?

Does anybody have a generic default setup that would be a good starting point to start putting these together?

Like a background template with an area for controller pic, title, etc? With the .ini file and such?

thank you very much

craig

My concern is having the game window off center. But you could do more than 1 bezel and cycle through them.

I've just spent the last 3 months working on bezels and Instruction cards, so I may be able to offer some help.

i think hyperpause supports an option like this but i like your style bro but we also need a way to minamize it when you dont want it to show maybe set a time limit or something perhaps have a way to minzmize and bring the controls up for a breif look so if you forget any controls to play you have an option to show and hide it.

you know bro if there was a proper bezel for each machine you do

Me: you could display them like as if they were stickers

Me: like you have on the arcades

Me: on how to play

Me: so say like 1 control on each side

Me: right and left on the bottom

Me: just copy the same style they do for the mega theme set

Me: cause theres people that use those bezels

Me: and the fact is you woudent have to worry about closing them then

Me: the controls would just stay there in the bezel border

Me: or another option is get them to make up an option mode in hyperpause for turning on and off content

Me: on the bezels

Me: sort of like when you have options on dip switches to turn off certain content

Me: those are my 3 ideas

Perhaps something like that would work -

i think hyperpause supports an option like this but i like your style bro but we also need a way to minamize it when you dont want it to show maybe set a time limit or something perhaps have a way to minzmize and bring the controls up for a breif look so if you forget any controls to play you have an option to show and hide it.

There specific keys you can set to show instruction cards and cycle through different bezels.

If you guys haven't seen the "Mame Artwork Bezel Project" yet, I suggest you have a look.

thanks

im very happy with this setup

its very easy to add bezel support to most of the modules so far

anyway just fyi

i like the controller image up the whole time

these old systems look better in the windowed mode compared to fullscreen (in my opinion)

all with xbox controller only

no keyboard at all

working well so far

m9_-ZkniY7s

I love the way people in this hobby do all sorts of creative things to achieve what they want. I like what you have here, and how you left the system name up top to fill in the extra room created. Looks nice.

A generic system layout for your controller seems like it would be sufficient on the system screen prior to game launch though (that's what I do on my custom hyperspin global theme). On the other hand a detailed game-by-game layout showing the commands for each specific game would be useful onscreen all the time (I mean with very specific notations like "fire", "map", "jump" or whatever). That would be a boatload of work though.

I love the way people in this hobby do all sorts of creative things to achieve what they want. I like what you have here, and how you left the system name up top to fill in the extra room created. Looks nice.

A generic system layout for your controller seems like it would be sufficient on the system screen prior to game launch though (that's what I do on my custom hyperspin global theme). On the other hand a detailed game-by-game layout showing the commands for each specific game would be useful onscreen all the time (I mean with very specific notations like "fire", "map", "jump" or whatever). That would be a boatload of work though.

Thanks

I would love to have the detailed fire,jump, map type info up there all the time

but, believe it or not, just having the xpadder setup up there helps a ton

especially on the computer based games because

hard to remember which button is Y or N or 1 or 9 or SPACE or Enter etc

and this gives it to me

dont need to know up down etc cuz I already know where those are

and even though it doesnt say FIRE i know one of the 4 main buttons will be fire, jump etc

thanks

Archived