Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

launch neogeo cd games from fb alpha through hyerpsin android shield tv

mikty

Hi,

with the recent progress of neo geo cd emulation on retroarch fb alpha witch launch bin cue and ccd format, is someone is able to launch it from hyperspin android ?

on the stand alone retroarch, we have to launch a game using a sub menu so for our hyperspin setting, it would be tricky.

If someone a success with this thanks

regards

4 hours ago, mikty said:

Ok thanks. I would like to use Fba for the runahead feature.we have to wait from retroarch team to launch directly cue from menu thanks

Subsystem is a commanline option

"--subsytem" is what you want

Although I am uncertain thst we can do this with Hyperspin. I would sugest adding --subsytem neocd to the end of the parameters line in the ini.

I would have to do a log from Hyperspin on my shield to refresh myself on the Libretro intent. I think it may cut any additions off. In this case its another limitation to Hyperspin android......and with no word on anymore support negatives are racking up with the ommisson of arch64 aswell now

@mikty I gave this some testing tonight, It sort of came back to me now......

Afaik Hyperspin Andorid settings files dont expose use the correct placement of additions make the extra --subsystem neocd command work.

We have a

rompath= Must be a file path to the roms
exe= Must be an apps packed name otherwise Hyperspin throws an error of Missing Emulator
parameter= Basically to only area to attempt edits

The way Hyperspin is preconfigured with the retroarch launch intent means IMO it wont be possible. I could be wrong but I am fairly certain, Same with the CONFIGFILE path, its preconfigured..

Here are the log exerts if you try to edit the parameter line

02-11 20:30:32.697 31765 31783 I RetroArch: [ENV]: libretro path: [/data/data/co
m.retroarch/cores/fba_libretro_android.so --subsystem neocd]

02-11 20:30:33.019 31765 31783 W RetroArch: --libretro argument "/data/data/com.
retroarch/cores/fba_libretro_android.so --subsystem neocd" is neither a file nor
 directory. Ignoring.

02-11 21:38:27.985 19478 19500 I RetroArch: [ENV]: libretro path: [/data/data/co
m.retroarch/--subsystem neocd cores/fba_libretro_android.so]

02-11 21:38:28.303 19478 19500 W RetroArch: --libretro argument "/data/data/com.
retroarch/--subsystem neocd cores/fba_libretro_android.so" is neither a file nor
 directory. Ignoring.

• 7 months later...

Yes thanks I see this but I don't know how to configure this, I update the core but can't see  any option about it. I made a per content folder override save but still need subsystem

Thanks again for your attention  regards

Edit: I think the buildbot isn't update so need to wait tomorow  thanks

Yes thanks  all my iso and chd are on a NAS synology but I manage to configure right paths for others cd cores support   with hypesrpin android on shield tv Hope it will works and maybe in the future the chd support.

I wait for month the neocd specific core whitch support chd but isn't available for android yet (only windows and not by the core updater)

Thanks

so thanks again for your reminder.

it works like a charm with the last core update from hyperspin shield tv even from isos stored on a nas synology.

the heaven would be the chd support but doesn't seem to be a priority for the core developper unfortunely

regards

2 hours ago, mikty said:

so thanks again for your reminder.

it works like a charm with the last core update from hyperspin shield tv even from isos stored on a nas synology.

the heaven would be the chd support but doesn't seem to be a priority for the core developper unfortunely

regards

Yeah he flat out refused to add it himself (understandable reasons imo) so you can only hope someone else turns up with a pull request to add it in. 

Glad it’s working for you

Thanks. The only problem is the run ahead feature witch is less good as regular neogeo aes and mvs. I have some audiocrackling and must activate the 2nd instance and and lower the frame number.

Strange because its the same core fbneo.

Archived