Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Extreme Newby Here

medic

OMG please point me in the right direction. LoL. I'm new to the whole emulator scene. I was willing to learn but I'm about to go postal. I hope its not that I'm too old to learn something new. Here is the story. Looking to build an arcade cabinet for my son. I thought the hard part was done ( building the custom cabinet ) but boy was I wrong. I didn't want to purchase the " loaded drive " . I wanted to learn and build it myself. I have watched video after video but I've grown tired. I tried installing it on my laptop as a trial run but that was a no go. Is there a book or a website I can go to to learn. I have the roms but now I have to obtain the videos to run on the front half. where does the manuals come in. Was going to subscribe but it doesn't seem like they offer enough movies to support all the roms floating around. SO what does someone like me to do? Any ideas. 

all the videos come from emumovies, and they pretty much have everything, aside from the newest or very obscure systems.

https://emumovies.com/

you need to download them on a per system basis,

and

Hyperspin is just a Front end,  think of it as a theme to hide your windows environment 

before you start with hyperspin

all your emulators need to be working out side of Hyperspin

by working, I mean that  you need to manually load multiple games into  each individual emulator 

and make sure they all work,  and that all the controls work.

You need to rename ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   and I mean ALL!!!!!!!!!   your roms to match the Hyperspin naming scheme

Game name (region) (DO NOT!!! rename your MAME roms).,  or Rocketlauncher will not find it when you try to load it.

You can use custom names but you will have to make your own game lists and rename all your media to match your custom names

all the names can be found from Hyperspin game lists better known as  Hyperspin XMLs

you can get them here

http://hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com/

you do not!!!! rename each individual rom,   their are multiple programs that will do that for you.

Last

What have you done?   where are you getting stuck?   what errors are you getting when you try to load a game from Hyperspin or Rocketlauncher?

you can get very far using the official install tutorial here

• 2 weeks later...

Archived