Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Favourites Wheel On Main Menu From All Systems in 1?

Johno

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before but is it possible to have a favourites wheel on the main menu where you can put all your favourite games from all the systems into one?

Ie, add MAME, NES,SNES, Sega etc games into the one favourites wheel on the main menu and load the games from there so you don't have to go to each system or each systems favourites??

Cheers

Johno

yes! just create a multi emulator wheel. you can place any game from any emulator into any wheel you like, you just have to add a line to the database which describes which system the game is from. eg:

<game name="raystorm" index="true" image="r">

<description><![CDATA[Ray Storm (Ver 2.06A)]]></description>

<exe>Zinc</exe>

<cloneof><![CDATA[]]></cloneof>

<crc><![CDATA[e3f23b6e]]></crc>

<manufacturer><![CDATA[Taito]]></manufacturer>

<year><![CDATA[1996]]></year>

<genre><![CDATA[shooter/Flying]]></genre>

<rating>Other - NR (Not Rated)</rating>

<enabled>Yes</enabled>

</game>

This game appears on my mame wheel but is actually run from Zinc, just make sure you spell the system name exactly as it is labeled in Hyperspin and you should be good.

thanks for that mate. Hey I see in your profile you are in Adelaide too, same as me. What menu theme do you use for favourites wheel?

So using your example above do i just follow that exactly for each game I want to add and only chnge the game name and the emualtor exe? Sorry but I'm new to thos hyperpsin stuff. I've been using mamewha for years but want to give hyperspin a go as it looks so cool!

Ok I have a favourites wheel setup on my main menu wheel and can load (as it's all I've set up so far) some mame, snes and nes games. theonly problem is with the mame games they show on the menu as eg dkong and not Donkey Kong like they do on the mame wheel. Any ideas how to fix this?

You will need to manually edit your database for this wheel set, and include the game name in the description field.

<game name="rdkong" index="true" image="">

<description>Donkey Kong</description>

thanks mate that worked a treat. Cheers for your help!

do the roms on your favourite wheel all have to have the same extension eg .zip? all my emulators bar visual pinball use .zip except visual pinball which is .vpt. am i able to get from favourite pinball tables into the favourites xml/wheel even though they are .vpt?

well i answered my own question today and have .vpt and .zip running from my favourtites wheel. now does anyone have a good favourites wheel name text thingo as my just comes up as the default font on the main wheel as don't have a special favourites one??

• 3 weeks later...

ok i have my favourites wheel up and running but i am having trouble getting themes going for games from different systems. eg for my nes system there seems to be art and video for each game but not a theme as such that i can copy to the favourites wheel so doesn't look as good. any ideas what to do?

• 3 years later...

Create Wheel called "Favorites" or something.

Generate XML, don't think you'll have to edit it anymore. (easiest way I can think of is put roms or dummy files in folder and use dons tools)

Open HyperlaunchHQ, and you should be able to set which emulators launch which games in the list manually.

I haven't done this yet, but it should work just fine.

Why haven't I done this yet? Oh yeah, need a really good menu/system theme.

Sorry that's a real gloss over the steps. It's late here. If you're still interested, I'll write up a more detailed step by step tomorrow.

Eh whatever. Its not difficult.

You're going to have to go to other tutorials to figure out how to get yourself up to speed on HQ. I'm started this one assuming you have your favorites wheel set up in HyperHQ, and favorites database.

Step One In HyperlaunchHQ:

Important! Click HyperlaunchHQ tab on the top. Under "General Options" make sure "Valid Emulator/Module Only" is NOT checked.

Step Two:

On the left where you see your systems, find the one you made called Favorites and click it..Now on the right, click the "Emulators" tab and there set a path to your roms. (You may have to add each rom folder for the various systems.) Next, pick a default emulator. It doesn't matter which one. (You need to do this to make sure the audit works in the next step). Now go to Games tab, find "System Audit" and do an audit. All your games should come up green. If they do, you've done the previous steps correctly.

Step Three:

Now, on that same tab, (the Games tab), right where you see System Audit there's another tab for "Alternate Emulators". Click the Alternate Emulators tab.

Now you'll see a green plus symbol. Click that and voila. Tell it the game you want to run, the system the game is for, and finally click the emulator you want to use. When you're done, click the save button, and that's it. Repeat step 3 for all your games on the favorites list.

Hope it helps. Sorry if its a bit muddled. I's sleepy.

One last tip: If you're doing a lot of favorites from certain systems which are emulated by a single emulator, like Mess, or Mednafen, Bizhawk, Retroarch etc, you can save some time by setting one of those as the default emulator. So if you have 100 SNES, NES, and Gameboy games on your favorites for instance, you can use mednafen as the default emulator for your favorites system, and you won't have to set up alternate emulators for any of those games. They'll all launch under the default. Just a thought.

Thanks for all that. I'll give that a go. There's a "favourite" system theme in the download section which is the one I used on the old version of hyperspin so will use it again unless it doesn't work with the new version??

That looks like a cool program for generating custom XMLS, but I'm not sure why he wouldn't make it standalone? Other than that, I didn't see him launch any games. I don't see how creating a genre would subvert having to set up an emulator for each game, unless the old method of adding the <exe> tag works and it automatically does that.

I haven't tested it yet but I watched the video and talked with him

In a nut shell how I understand it is you can create and all favorites wheel and launch games. You can search and create a permanent all themed wheel say all Mario games. You can create temp wheels as well based on ur search. I plan to test it but I'm told it will launch games, create custom live xml, create a temp wheel until hyperspin closes and create an all favorites wheel

• 4 months later...

Ok I hve done the creating of the xml and creating the favorites wheel corectly but when I follow step 2 and choose a default emulator then do the audit it only finds the default emulators rom files for example if I choose nes as the default emulator it only finds the nes roms in the audit but list all the others as not found can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong I have a folder inside my emulators folder called favorites inside that I have a folder for each system with the favorite roms in each snes, nes, sega Genesis, and atari 2600 i go to hyperlaunch HQ choose on the left Favorites then click emulators and set each system roms folders then choose a default emulator and this is where I am stuck thanks in advance for any help.....

• 1 year later...

Curious if you made any headway with the all-in-one wheel. I'm trying to make a favorites MAME wheel which includes a few Daphne games (Space Ace and Dragon's Lair 1/2). Looking forward to any insight on making this possible.

Archived