HyperSync, HyperList and FTP are now back online ×
Psynaptik

AHK file for MAME .215?

I updated my MAME roms to 215 from 0170 recently, since there are 1/2 more games I'm interested in available now and due to increases in accuracy etc. Just thought it was a good idea, but...

The latest AHK/module file from the downloads section (labelled for 212) seems to not work with 215, but it worked with 0170.

What do I do? Is there a AHK file that works with MAME0215 that I'm missing, or do I need to wait. If so, how long?

(I'm getting the .ahk error that means the .ahk file is out of date. I had this problem with 0170 and sorted it with the 212 .ahk file.)

ahkError.jpg

For anyone coming after me who has this problem, you need to download the latest .ahk file for MAME that's in the downloads section and put it in HyperSpin\Modules\MAME.

I've solved this issue for now by rolling back a few versions - using MAME0210 with 215 roms, and it seems to be fine so far. You can download no-nag versions (removes warnings and machine info on game startup) from the downloads section.

I'm not seeing this file, and I'm pretty sure I'm having the same issue.

I'm setting up a new mame cabinet and using the latest rom set I can find and the latest version of mame and getting this same error.

I'm pretty sure there's something in the AHK that the latest mame version doesn't like.

Can anyone tell me what it is in the AHK to change or if there's a location where I can download the latest. I checked in the downloads section on this site and I'm not seeing it anywhere.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By EpicGod
      Good Morning,
      I've been a member on here for a good part of 7 years. I have a Hyperspin arcade machine running on Windows 7 however, everything I have is outdated - MAME, DAPHNE, FUTURE PINBALL, etc. I need to have the Hyperspin, roms and its components updated. I would like to keep Windows 7 installed if possible. I'd like to hire someone on here to properly configure and update all of my stuff that I use. I've got way to much on my plate to do it myself as I've been taking care of my son who is recovering from COVID.

If anyone is interested and knows EXACTLY what they're doing, drop me a message.
      Be well and stay safe from COVID-19.

Thanks,
      Epic
    • By wildpumpk1n
      Hello guys,
      I'm working on a Tate build with Hyperspin for candy 15khz cab. 
      I made it for used with jammAsd or ipac2 or something who use a keyboard encoder.
      I was thinking to find solution for people who will used it with a 1player panel with 3buttons and start.

Usually the keybinding is 
      Start p1 . 1
      Button 1 . Lctrl
      Button 2 . Lalt
      Button 3. Space
      Button 4 . Shift

My trouble is hyperhq don't recognize the alt key. My thought was to ask rocketlauncher to use an AHK script to change lalt::k
      No problem, it works. If I start it manually, Hyperspin recognize my button2 (lalt) as a k.
      I change few thing in rocketlauncher asking it to use AHK I made under RL Hyperspin.ahk. I select external in settings, etc. 
      But its not working, I didn't see the script in my task bar ?
      As I used a lot of ahk keymapper for pc Games in this build I don't want to start it with hyperhq at the start of Hyperspin, maybe it will be the mess. 

If you have any Idea, thanks guys ?
      If you want to have a look to the build