Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Rename Roms or Media which is best?

shitoken

Hi Hyperspinners

Just wanna ask what do you suggest should I rename roms or media files for systems like Wii, Xbox, PS3, etc ?

Recently downloaded xbox classic games,  unfortunately all of them are having (i) at the back of the game name.
tested using Don tools renamer,  but it is not very accurate and left out some, also tried FAT Match renaming and coping to new folder take ages nor showing how much % been done.

Is there any program which can rename it without duplicating the file to new folder or not to leave old one at origin otherwise become very complex, because some of the game names are correct , at the end need to go thru all one by one to find out which to delete and which not.

Happy gaming and remember to wear mask my dear friends

1 hour ago, griffin518 said:

Hi Shitoken,

I used Bulk Rename Utility pretty frequently, for other purposes. It really works well and seems like it might fit what you're looking for.

https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/

I have this and it helps me to remove and replace names, but I cannot figure out how to rename roms with XML or media. 

5 hours ago, shitoken said:

I have this and it helps me to remove and replace names, but I cannot figure out how to rename roms with XML or media. 

why don't you use Bulk to remove all the characters not found on the official names like the  (i)

after you do that use Dons.  If the games still don't match Don's as the option to manually match a game to a name.

Each time I use Don tools to rename roms I can getting pop of below error.

I am using Win 7.

Rename Roms has stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    Rename ROMs.exe

Archived