The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

HyperLaunch (? Modules AHK Scripts help!

aguskapool

So... Here are the questions:
1. I want to know how hyperspin works to launch a game from an emulator, and for PC games, i mean, what does it make it work? From my knowledge HyperLaunch makes start the AHK file from the Modules to run the game or rom from the emulator, if its like this, i want to know the steps the HyperLaunch or modules does.
2. Im currently "working" in using Demulshooter (a program that gives you the posibility to use dual guns, in my case... im using Wii motes with configurations. Never mind the configurations). The thing is... that for each shooting game that i run, first i have to open the Demulshooter, THEN the game or in some cases the rom, so... i need to know how to do it.
Do i have to make a command script in the module to run demulshooter before the rom or game?

*A little information, i have my hyperspin system with HyperHQ, so i cant run preselect programs before running the emulator like it does with RL.
*Demulshooter closes each time you close the emulator or the game
*Each game or emulator has his very own demulshooter configuration, that means that in some cases, for each rom you need to run a different demulshooter.

Im not using RL because it have problems with one of my emulators. That is why i want to know all that questions, im not going to use RL because i have to make all again my hyperspin system and i spend too much time doing it. Starting all over again its not an option (more than 6 months making it with HyperHQ)

Just now, aguskapool said:

Im not using RL because it have problems with one of my emulators. That is why i want to know all that questions, im not going to use RL because i have to make all again my hyperspin system and i spend too much time doing it. Starting all over again its not an option (more than 6 months making it with HyperHQ)

Just be aware that you are using software that hasn't been maintained/updated in many years! Chances are very slim that anyone here will have any answers to your questions. These things are so easily set up in RL nowadays. Care to share exactly which emulator you say has issues with RL?

I know that you can do that with RL, but like i said, i wont start again with all the system that i made because its 6 months to the garbage, i simply wont. Im not asking for help to modify my files, im just asking how the hyperspin with hyperhq works... what steps does, if you cant answer how to do the ahk file it doesnt metter, i want to know the steps that it takes... the emulator is groovymame, but... i dont want to be rude, but i dont want the ahk file working for groovymame in RL because i wont start again

Just now, Spawk said:

Just be aware that you are using software that hasn't been maintained/updated in many years! Chances are very slim that anyone here will have any answers to your questions. These things are so easily set up in RL nowadays. Care to share exactly which emulator you say has issues with RL?

So you are saying that no one in here knows how the HyperSpin with HyperHQ does what it does? in the very official forum of HyperSpin?

Oh I am sure "someone" does know...  I am just not sure there is anyone actually "hired" here to provide ANY kind of support, never-mind support for the now defunct hyperlaunch.  Hypersin (and many FE's) are just not in the business of actually launching games anymore. They don't have to be since RL handles all that so nicely. So for the past few years any "launching" related problems are usually directed to the RL forums. HS is just GUI now.

The majority of support on these forums comes from end users like me who have been fiddling around for years and just enjoy the hobby. Give it some time to allow some of the older members to actually log in and see the issue.

On a side note, I am a little surprised that nobody ever wrote a module specifically for groovymame... unless it's just no longer relevant (like vanilla mame does the same sort of thing now or something). I don't own a CRT monitor myself so I cant even test out anything for you.

Just now, aguskapool said:

So you are saying that no one in here knows how the HyperSpin with HyperHQ does what it does? in the very official forum of HyperSpin?

Just like with Rocketlauncher when you select a game hyperspin will either try to start the emulator itself (Normal launch in HyperHQ) or will hand over the launching to HyperLaunch/Rocketlauncher.

If you want to use Hyperspin to launch Mame in "Normal" mode then you will need to add the paths to the emulator and your ROM set, you may also need to add some command line parameters.

You may be able to search YouTube for some older setup tutorials.

Just now, gigapig said:

Just like with Rocketlauncher when you select a game hyperspin will either try to start the emulator itself (Normal launch in HyperHQ) or will hand over the launching to HyperLaunch/Rocketlauncher.

If you want to use Hyperspin to launch Mame in "Normal" mode then you will need to add the paths to the emulator and your ROM set, you may also need to add some command line parameters.

You may be able to search YouTube for some older setup tutorials.

Emmm... i have no more problems with the emulator, i can run it, the emulator its not the problem, dont take the attention to another place haha, i want to know the proces hyperlaunch does to run a emulator, THE EMULATORS ARE FINE....
I press enter in a game on hyperspin, that makes hyperlaunch works, and hyperlaunch "parameters" and process are made on the ahk file for that emulator?  Is that ok or im wrong?

• 1 month later...

umm im not sure what you want to know...

But il explain how i use pc games in hyperspin (i do not use rocket launcher)

1st you have to Make a fake exe, just make a text file and name it "some_name_you_decide.exe" "be sure that you can see file extensions for known file types.
I named mine "pc games.exe"

then

you want to make a folder, and in that folder you want to put shortcuts to the apps/games you want to run.
after that
open hyperhq
"wheel settings"
(your wheel name) "i named mine pc games"
"Emulator"
"execution Hyperlauncher"
PC Game "Enabled"
Executable:  "this is the fake exe you just made"
Rom path "this is a folder full of shortcuts to the exe you want to run"
(do not enter any params)
Extensions "LNK"
then you can exit hyperhq

The ahk i use is:

Runwait, %rompath%%romname%%romextension%
	ExitApp
	;Required
	CloseProcess:
WinKill, A
return

Make your xml database file from the contents of the shortcut folder you created earlier (this will populate the wheel with all the apps and games you added..)

Any params you wanted to use add them to the shortcut..

as an example. the shortcut target may be

"d:\hyperspin\pg games\game.exe"

you would add the params to the end of that target, like:

"d:\hyperspin\pg games\game.exe" -param1 -param2

The params do not go inside the " "

You can run anything really like this. and will probably do what you want to do.
I use winkill, A as the close process because it works for 90% of pc games... you could use

send, !{f4}

or

run, %rompath%close.bat

The last one would run a batfile named "close" in your shortcuts folder.. this bat file could have any simple code you wanted in it like "taskkill" 
like that you could also do

CloseProcess:
WinKill, A
run, %rompath%close.bat
return

and the bat file could be..

taskkill /f /im app1.exe
taskkill /f /im app2.exe
taskkill /f /im app3.exe
taskkill /f /im app4.exe

If you did it like that. then you would close the active window 1st then it would also close app 1 2 3 and 4. this is useful if you have background apps that start with the main executable which would be your active window...

It is also possible to just have shortcuts to bat files in your short cut folder. and you can use a bat file to open anything you like in any way you want.. 
Like i said im not sure what you were asking but i hope that helps.

I think if you understand what i just explained then you should be able to do what you want.

Archived