Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

new nintendo famicom main menu video

craiganderson

• 4 months later...

Famicom vids won't be seperated from NES, Jeremy. Circo however made it possible so both Nintendo Fam and Super Fam vids can be grabbed through Hypersync now, so it's not really an issue anymore. I've finished off both of those systems not long ago. You can find info, databases, sets and all for both systems here and here. Ignore the beta in title for Super Fam, it's final now and we're in the artwork collecting phase.

Craig, why not let Circo finalize the videos properly? You should check out the recording guidelines if you haven't already. Some of the steps in the first post are outdated though. Best to use x264 raw encoding, and I always do 8 seconds title screen, 30 seconds gameplay clips. Then let Circo run his scripts so he can officially upload and announce them. I usually have to pester him so he knows what needs doing, so if you do a bunch of vids, let him know.

Your uploaded mp4 vids look to be good quality and are encoded properly with x264, but they all have different play times and no fades either. That's why you should be uploading avi clips. I actually have some recent Famicom vids over in FTP there waiting to be finalized for the crappy unlicensed Asian games, go check in my folder if you want some examples.

Craig, why not let Circo finalize the videos properly? You should check out the recording guidelines if you haven't already. Some of the steps in the first post are outdated though. Best to use x264 raw encoding, and I always do 8 seconds title screen, 30 seconds gameplay clips. Then let Circo run his scripts so he can officially upload and announce them. I usually have to pester him so he knows what needs doing, so if you do a bunch of vids, let him know.

Hello. Well, I record the videos for myself because I am trying to complete a system etc. I really have no desire to have to be approved or wait for somebody else to do something with them before I can use them. They are already "proper" in my opinion. They are "craiganderson" approved ... which in my world = "proper." I just wanna record em and throw em in my system. Boom! And it does not bother me AT ALL if they are different lengths of time so.... And I do not like the title in the video because it is already on the wheel. Seems redundant to me. Others can like/use em that way ... but not for me. Also...30 seconds seems WAY to long for my taste. But that is just my opinion. And the fade thing, i do like that but not enough to mess around with each video.......But I do appreciate (and use) all of the ones that you make (whether via emumovies or not etc).

And I share them just in case somebody wants them (and it seems people do) ..... but if nobody wanted them I would not be offended. To each their own.

thanks for the input

-craig

Thanks guys.

I think I was mostly caught up. I have the Main Menu theme, wheel, and video. Then I have some old style wheels for the individual games. I don't have any videos or snaps for the games.

Just curious... is there a collection of source material to make all the famicom wheels? What do you use, screen shots of title screens? All that is needed then is to cut them out from their backgrounds? Then at some future date, someone might trace them in vector?

I hope to contribute at some point in the future but I'm hesitant to make any commitments right now. I still have to make good on my Pokemon Mini boxes.

Late reply but no that's not how we do wheels. Cut the logos from the box cover using the pen tool in Photoshop to make your selection. Finished wheels should always adhere to 400px width and maximum of 175px height. This is a good starting guide to follow:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?28426-Photoshop-theme-amp-wheel-making-overview

Archived