Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Sometimes HyperSpin wont open

damphon

I am having an intermittent issue with HyperSpin where sometimes when I try to launch the application it will not start. The process starts, if I CTRL+ALT+ESC I can see that there are 2-3 HyperSpin processes running.  Closing them all and trying again fixes the issue.  Does anyone know what could be causing this? I am on Windows 7 with Hyperspin 1.5.1.

On 9/24/2020 at 12:01 PM, damphon said:

I am having an intermittent issue with HyperSpin where sometimes when I try to launch the application it will not start. The process starts, if I CTRL+ALT+ESC I can see that there are 2-3 HyperSpin processes running.  Closing them all and trying again fixes the issue.  Does anyone know what could be causing this? I am on Windows 7 with Hyperspin 1.5.1.

Right click Hyperspin.exe, then go to properties and set it to run as admin.

Also add sxs.dll to your Hyperspin folder if you are on 2004 update on Windows 10.

This was working flawlessly until today.  It looks like sometimes when I close HyperSpin the process remains running.  This happened most recently when I was launching HyperSpin to see if I moved disk images into the correct artwork folder then exiting (without launching any emulators).  Any idea what I could be doing wrong that would keep the HyperSpin process from closing?

• 4 weeks later...

Well I fixed it by making a bat file with the following in it and having that run on exit. I have it wait 20 seconds so that HyperSpin can try to close itself then force kill it if it doesn't.  It has been working without issue for over 2 weeks so far.

SLEEP 20
taskkill /f /im HyperSpin.exe /t

Archived