Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Configuring second screen for light gun games

Titanusss

Hi guys,

I recently bought two Aimtrak Light Guns from Ultimarc.

I use Hyperspin on a 42" LED screen with my Xbox360 Controllers. Unfortunately, I don't have the needed distance between my screen and the guns to calibrate properly. I've thought of using a 19" TFT for the light gun games so I can achieve this distance (Andy told me it's got to be 1.5 times the width of the screen at least).

Do you think it'd be possible to set MAME or other emu to run on the second display and then calibrate my guns there? I guess that the mouse functions go to the second display also. I'll do some tests but would appreciate any idea.

Thanks a lot,

Cheers

If the 2nd display is on the same card as the primary and the drivers have a duplicate screen option then this should work with no issues at all. Well with the exception of resolution issues maybe.

There are also ways of telling mame which display to use but I am unsure if you can use this on a game by game basis or if you would want a second install of mame with just the gun games available. I think screen duplication is the way to go though.

see the following.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,118958.0.html

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/7958-running-mame-on-secondary-monitor/

As for other emulators now that I am not sure about.

I use this exact setup in my G4D cab. I have 2 instances of mame installed, one for regular games on the lower monitor and one for gun games that is displayed on both monitors. Other systems in my setup use multiple instances of an emulator for the same reason. I have a script to turn off the lower monitor when launching gun games so that everything is configured to use the top screen.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll just try it out. I'm getting a Gun Games MAME install as you say and configuring it to run on Second Display. Then I'll se if I can calibrate the guns just for the second monitor at all.

Will keep you informated.

Archived