Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Help Appreciated With Tweaking HS

src720

Hello all,

I have been using HyperSpin with HyperHQ for a bit now and would appreciate if someone could help me with some tweaks that would make the experience a lot more enjoyable. I have been using HyperHQ to modify the wheels, but I just can't figure out the following:

1. There is almost no delay from when I land on a game to when the artwork appears. I'd like to have at least a moment to look at the wheel and see what games are in view. Instead I have to keep scrolling to avoid having the artwork pop-in
  2. I have the wheel alpha set to 1 so that it is always visible, but is there a way to prevent artwork from covering it? Some games like Killer Instinct 1 & 2 have a graphic of a character that covers the wheel almost entirely

I appreciate your help in advance. Thank you.

• src720 changed the title to Help Appreciated With Tweaking HS

Artwork covering the wheel would have to come from the individual game themes. Personally I don't use them, just a basic default theme for an entire system. I too like the wheel visible at all times though.

You could try editing them in Hypertheme. If they are using layer4, you could try moving them to a lower layer to see if they display under the wheel... or maybe remove them from the theme altogether.

• 1 month later...

I have the same question:

- Is it possible to delay the theme/artwork/video to give your eyes a chance to rest on the wheel before the theme/artwork/video takes over?

Also, Spawk mentions using a default theme.  How do you set that up, and could you share what you use for your Mame theme?

Finally, how do I figure out how the theme XML file works and what all of the options available in it are?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived