Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin genre database query

potts43

Can anyone advise on how to use filtered genre xml lists in hyperspin? I've downloaded the xml working lists from Romano and the mame.xml and genre.xml work fine. But....How do you integrate the others as they are named genre.xml. I've tried renaming them and adding that heading to the standard genre.xml but that doesn't work. I'm clearly missing something so any help appreciated. 

Okay I just read your other posts in Romano's thread. So you have all systems in 1 wheel?

You should be able to add any genre you want into "genre.xml" as long as you have an xml with all the games you want in that genre named accordingly as well. Or maybe I am not understanding exactly what you are doing??

Okay I just read your other posts in Romano's thread. So you have all systems in 1 wheel?
You should be able to add any genre you want into "genre.xml" as long as you have an xml with all the games you want in that genre named accordingly as well. Or maybe I am not understanding exactly what you are doing??
I thought you could have a tree structure....a genre.xml within a different genre.xml but it appears not. Thanks for replying

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived