Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Run HS Second MonitorWoes

seph

It turned off the tv, kept the monitor on, and ran hs on the monitor. Once hs quits, it returns everything to normal.

Almost, just switch things around.

Make it turn off the monitor, keep the tv on, run hs on the tv. And leave the rest as is.

Almost! Wow, thanks in advance, this may actually work.

It is switching displays correctly, even launching and switching displays properly from my xbmc setup!

My monitor is 1280X1024

The TV is 1920X1080

I switched hyperHQ to full screen, and added 1920X1080. However, when hs starts on the tv, it changes the resolution to a lower one (which in turn crashes the xbmc when I start it from there.) Is there any way to have hs started with the correct resolution from your magical .exes or am I missing something from hyperHQ settings?

I'm not sure what I can do as I've just tried the exe myself to check if there was a timing issue and it works perfectly. My setup consists of 2 screens, 1 set at 1920 X 1080 and the 2nd screen at 1280 X 1024, I can switch between the screens without a problem. Could it be something you could change in xbmc?

yep, this is indeed going to be hard, or I have to find another solution. If my xbmc is running on tv, and I want it to stay running on tv while I use the pc it has to be set on true full screen. Otherwise clicking anything on the monitor will just make it disappear. Your .exe worked perfect connorsdad, I just had to turn off that feature in xbmc to realise this. So if I'd want to use this .exe, I'd have to find another way to keep xbmc in foreground if it's running and hs isn't.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

my setup 2 monitors side by side left monitor is the second monitor that is the main screen while monitor 1 is on the right extended screen

both in 768X1366 rez side by side

here is the edit i made to get hyperspin on to extended monitor in hq Settings.ini or in hq full screen off

[Resolution]
FullScreen=false
Width=-1366
Height=768
Scanlines_Active=false
Scanlines_Image=
Scanlines_Scale=2
Scanlines_Alpha=0.1

NOTICE THIS LINE    Width=-1366      I USED  - SYMBOL BEFORE 1366 AND IT SHOT THE WHOLE HYPERSPIN WINDOW TO THE EXTENDED MONITOR

**** EDIT  Looks like it defaults at 768X1280 as window so i put  Width=-1700  and it centers on the extended monitor.

LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT TO GO BACKWARDS KIDS,

PLEASE EXPERIMENT WITH BIGGER NUMBERS IF YOU GOT A 3RD MONITOR, REPORT BACK!!!

Archived