Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Run HS Second MonitorWoes

seph

Hello, I'm trying to have my hyperspin run in full mode, on my second monitor. Which is not the main display of the windows 8.1 64bit machine machine I'm using. Can I please have some help doing this, I could not find any option to switch the software's screen. Thank you.

Just a guess, but try making your second monitor your main monitor, running hyperspin, then making your second monitor just an extended display and run again. I believe it will save window position over which monitor is set to main.... but I could be wrong.

I'd like hyperspin to run on the 2nd monitor, which is the extended monitor. This display is actually a tv, and yes I'd prefer, like xbmc it runs on that display when it's started only.

My GPU is MSI R7770-PMD1GD5 Radeon HD 7770

No one uses their hyperspin on a second monitor? Is the only solution making my hyperspin monitor the main one and try to reconfigure the whole pc for when I'm not using hyperspin and wish to use the lcd screen for normal pc usage?

Try it the manual way first, display on the external monitor only therefore switching off your main primary screen. Run hyperspin, if it runs fine then a script automating this is exactly what you need. Try it out and if it works I'll knock up the exe for you.

Nope, unplugging the LCD monitor does not automatically launch hyperspin on the tv, which is plugged through hdmi.

I tried a software, UltraMon, and it works great. It needs a shortcut, and it launches hyperspin on the television half a sec after it's launched, and works fine.

Just one problem, that shorcut the software needs... I can't use it in xbmc to launch hyperspin, so again back to square one.

No need to unplug the monitor, hold the windows key down and press P, cycle through to projector only and then run hyperspin. When you exit hyperspin, hold the windows key down and press P, cycle through to computer only. Wait for the displays to update, finally hold the windows key down and press P and cycle through to Extend. If this works all these steps can be automated with one exe.

Yes, if I put it on PC only, the tv has main display/taskbar, and hyperspin runs on the tv fine. If I go back to extend hyperspins runs on the lcd monitor again, and not the tv.

I think I have my wires crossed here. My understanding was you wanted hs to display on your second monitor and that was all, now I'm thinking you want both displays active at the same time with hs displaying on screen 2?

Please clarify

Yes, if I put it on PC only, the tv has main display/taskbar, and hyperspin runs on the tv fine. If I go back to extend hyperspins runs on the lcd monitor again, and not the tv.

Why would you go back to extend when running hyperspin?

Yes I'd like to keep a two display configuration. I don't mind the main lcd display going off when hs is running on TV, but I'd like everything to go back to two display when hs closes.

No need to unplug the monitor, hold the windows key down and press P, cycle through to projector only and then run hyperspin. When you exit hyperspin, hold the windows key down and press P, cycle through to computer only. Wait for the displays to update, finally hold the windows key down and press P and cycle through to Extend. If this works all these steps can be automated with one exe.

This should work, did you do it exactly as I said ?

Archived