Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mame not showing game wheel

jgoeckennet

I set up Mame in RocketLauncher and am able to run the games directly from RocketLauncher with no problem but when I start up Hyperspin and select MAME from the systems it doesn't load the games, it just flashes and shows the MAME system selection again. This is the only one I am having problems with. I have successfully set up Nes, SNES and other gaming systems. Can anybody help with the issue? I'm using a PC and Windows10.

Thank you for the response. I already have the settings for the mame module set that way, I used that setup to make the latest version of mame work with Hyperspin. I also tried using an older version of mame and got the same result so whatever I'm doing wrong is wrong in all versions.

"LegacyMode" is for VERY old versions of Mame and not the correct way to get newer versions to "load". Something like .137 and older versions. So effectively what you are doing by setting that to "true" is disabling any/all newer features of Mame. That may be fine for some people but others will be wondering why they can't use official artwork "extras" properly, or why HLSL or something else isn't behaving the way it should. It's just NOT the proper way to setup. The official module that comes packaged with RL is fine for versions up to .211

You can find an updated module on the RL forums for any version .212 and higher.

The issue you describe though, sounds like what happens when you have a "filter" set in HQ, but have not set a "rompath" and "extension" (do NOT set executable here, settings here are for populating the wheel only. All launching is done through RL)... or possibly a corrupt XML, or corrupt "theme".

Archived