The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

REQ: Tutorials for newbies

c0dehunter

No disrespect for the hard work of the authors, but the guide contains some errors:

For example:

STEPS 4-7) (sites-google tutorial)

"Now what we do is copy all the contents except the .git folder of the hyperlaunch-3 folder into the HyperLaunch directory"

There is *NO* .git folder of the hyperlaunch-3

This is the same as STEP 8, which states "Now copy the contents of the hyperlaunch-3 folder to the HyperLaunch folder overwriting everything.[/b] I am not sure if he meant MOVE, since if we *copy*, the contents of hyperlaunch-3 will remain.

QUESTION: What is this HyperLauch anyway? Why do I need it? (if HyperSpin can actually launch the GUI that is)

HyperLaunch GIT folder is the folder you choose to point the GIT download at. I personally just dump it direct to my live folder cause I keep backups but the tutorial suggests making a seperate folder. This is where the Tortoise GIT client will put the downloads and then you copy (yes COPY) the contents from your GIT folder (the folder you download the files from the GIT repo) over the top of your live directory.

Just follow the steps one by one by one. Works even for newbies.

HyperLaunch. Nah you don't need it. But HyperSpin is infinitely more powerful with it. HyperSpin is the GUI front end that sends a string based on the game you select. You can use HyperSpin to start your emulator directly if you like. If you choose HyperLaunch the string is sent to HyperLaunch and it will pull applications and stuff up based on how you set up HyperLaunch. You can start multiple things at once and use many many features.

Archived