Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

just bought my pc for hyperpin tell me its ok

markyboy782

so I was looking at trying to buy cheap but it didn't seem though it was going to work out, I have now bought a pc which is much better than I was originally going to buy (but I still got a good deal), please please tell me it's ok. The specs are:

Cool Master Gaming PC

Intel Core i7

2.67 x 8 GHZ Processor

6144 MB DDR3 RAM

1000GB Hard Drive

ATI Radeon HD4800 1024MB Graphics Card

O/s is windows 7 Pro

Will this be ok and will the graphics card be ok to run the DMD if I buy a gtx650 to run the playfield and backglass

Also will the RAM be ok, if not am happy to purchase and extra 2MB or something.

Thanks

The processor is overkill, plenty of ram, you may need more hard drive space depending on how prolific you are, stick with windows 7, and I'm not sure about the Radeon. I use Nvid.

You should have no trouble at all running hyperspin. If you want to test to see capability, try running the Dolphin emulator, as its one of the most intensive emulators to run. You shouldn't have any problems though.

I run everything thrown at me with an I5 and a GTX 660.

Most emulators are (as far as I have found out so far) CPU hungry. This is because they are with all due respect badly written or not what you would call optimised when compared to the original hardware and bios of a console. It's like reverse engineering. It works, but it takes a lot of grunt to get it to run as it was originally designed.

With that in mind what you want to be doing is looking to get a good clock speed on your CPU (3.0GHZ+ for things like Gamecube, PS2 etc) and a half decent GPU. My focus would be on making sure I have a good CPU clock to deal with what is (again, all due respect) a badly written emulator.

Anything under Playstation 1 and you don't really need to worry to be honest. A modern CPU and A modern GPU will do the job fine.

from the looks of it you have an i7 with Hyperthreading. You should be able to overclock that if you have any half decent motherboard. I would. As aletterfromthelostdays says, try Dolphin: Gamecube games, Wii games, etc.

Hyperspin will run on a Pentium 2. it's the emulators you should be focusing on. Hyperspin is pretty basic. XML files pointing to images, video, themes.

Archived