Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hardware questions for you the hardware gurus (X-ARCADE+LED and more)

blaster69

Hello to all the community of Hyperspin.

I've been around for some time.... watching each week the forum for anything new from all of you.

I've bought a arcade cabinet from RECROOMMASTER 2 years ago and a X-ARCADE Tankstick. I really like them... a simple and fast way to have a great looking arcade cabinet.

I'm running a old setup of Hyperspin that I will update with the new hyperlaunch when I'll have more time.

I would like something like this : (maybe someone will recognize the setup of a member in the forum)

Xtension Arcade cabinet w/HyperSpin (Part 1)

Xtension Arcade cabinet w/HyperSpin (Part 2)

--------------------------------

My questions :

1- What would be the best hardwares to get to mod my X-Arcade Tankstick + Trackball so I could have a cool led blinking setup with hyperspin ?

2- Where to get it ? Any recommandation for a good online arcade store!! (I'm from Canada... but I don't mind ordering elsewhere... I paid a lot for the shipping of my cabinet but they offered me a free graphic design... thanks to them)

3- I would like to order Arcade Lightguns. Which one would you suggest ? I know that some of you talked about this not so long ago in the forum...

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your time ! :D

Hello to all the community of Hyperspin.

I've been around for some time.... watching each week the forum for anything new from all of you.

I've bought a arcade cabinet from RECROOMMASTER 2 years ago and a X-ARCADE Tankstick. I really like them... a simple and fast way to have a great looking arcade cabinet.

I'm running a old setup of Hyperspin that I will update with the new hyperlaunch when I'll have more time.

I would like something like this : (maybe someone will recognize the setup of a member in the forum)

Xtension Arcade cabinet w/HyperSpin (Part 1)

Xtension Arcade cabinet w/HyperSpin (Part 2)

My questions :

1- What would be the best hardwares to get to mod my X-Arcade Tankstick + Trackball so I could have a cool led blinking setup with hyperspin ?

2- Where to get it ? Any recommandation for a good online arcade store!! (I'm from Canada... but I don't mind ordering elsewhere... I paid a lot for the shipping of my cabinet but they offered me a free graphic design... thanks to them)

3- I would like to order Arcade Lightguns. Which one would you suggest ? I know that some of you talked about this not so long ago in the forum...

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your time ! :D

That's my cab.

Cue the arcade gestapo ripping you for buying a Tankstick instead of building a CP for your first try in 3....2....1...

EDIT: In all seriousness, just watch part 1. No one ever watches part 1, I always get all my question/comments on part 2 lol.

I made part 1 because I really wanted to give people a good amount of info on what goes into the hardware part.

The hardware I used for the led buttons were 2 ledwiz arcade boards from groovygamegear.com, and clear IL concaved push buttons and rgb led buttons from paradisearcadeshop.com, however I was not pleased by their customer service. I understand Hawaii is laid back but dealing with the owner was "Push me, I'm coming" IMO. I never bothered with the led trackball, because that would mean purchase of another ledwiz board, and TBH there was not much room at all in the Tankstick case, but I'm sure you can make one more fit with some creative thinking.

The lightgun's are from arcadeguns.com, and the wire loom that goes around the wire for protection and a more authentic look was from my local automotive store, and the holder's are gloss black shed door handles.

Any other questions, post, I'll help you out:).

• 3 months later...

The hardware I used for the led buttons were 2 ledwiz arcade boards from groovygamegear.com, and clear IL concaved push buttons and rgb led buttons from paradisearcadeshop.com, however I was not pleased by their customer service. I understand Hawaii is laid back but dealing with the owner was "Push me, I'm coming" IMO. I never bothered with the led trackball, because that would mean purchase of another ledwiz board, and TBH there was not much room at all in the Tankstick case, but I'm sure you can make one more fit with some creative thinking.

Christmas coming and it's time to make me a gift... Hopefully I'll have more time to setup my Tankstick during the holidays. Thanks for all the infos... It's been a while since you replied me... too much planning for home improvement to really have time to get back on my arcade cabinet ! :)

So to be sure I'm ordering the right things:

http://fgc.paradisearcadeshop.com/il-translucent-buttons/275-clear-il-translucent-pushbutton-psl-l.html

Microswitch Force ? What's this ? (20 gram by default... is it the way you feel the button when it's pressed ?)

And you need this also I guess ( I tought at first that the light was already in the button.

http://fgc.paradisearcadeshop.com/button-leds/100-il-lumination-rgb-5vdc-led.html

And for the LED controllers...

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=239

I need two differents device number ? One controller with would be device 1 and the other device 2 if my understanding is right.

For your Players 1 and 2 buttons.. you bought a cleat IL concaved push button but kept the button with the logo from the original Tankstick ?

Anything else you think I should order while i'm at it ?

Someone mod his Tankstink with 2x TurboTwist spinners... http://atariage.com/forums/topic/198308-x-arcade-mod-with-spinners/

Not sure if I would want to do it... but it would be a must for some games. Like you wrote.. there's not much space in the Tankstick to add to much gears.

What about the joystick itself ? Some have changed it for a better one... do you think is Worth it ?

For the trackball I'm not sure either... the buttons would add enought blinking to my cabinet I think.

Thanks again !

I personally use a howler controller from http://www.wolfwareeng.com... its cover very much everything you need

Thanks for the hint Sevenseal! The howler solution looks interesting.

So it would replace the need of 2 LED-Wiz™ 32-port.... but am I right if I suppose it will replace the controller board of the X-Arcade itself ?

Have you builded yout arcade controller from A to Z ?

I'm looking for a quick and easy way to setup a blinking solution in the X-Arcade Tankstick and be able to setup all this with Hyperspin and all the others goodies !!!

sevenseal, how hard is the howler to set up? Ive got an ipac2 right now that will eventually be built into a bartop. and ive been watching stuff about the howler for a while now. I want to build a big flashy pedestal, and i think howlers the way to go. but some of the set up(mostly led stuff) ive never dealt with at all. would you say the howler was easy to program? or is there a pretty steep curve?

here are some videos with helping Antos with his Event dispatcher system and Hypermarquee addon programs

the setup has the howler controller with GGG electric2 buttons with helio9 rgb
the howler controller is a easy install, covers all my leds and buttons needs

yes blaster to answer your question it will cover more than 2 ledwiz worth of lighting, but the howler can replace the pcb board that came with the xarcade or use both at the same time, using the howler as a led controller and xarcade as for the pushbuttons

if you want to save space I would just use the howler controller alone... its crowded with wires for rgb led everything

sevenseal

yes blaster to answer your question it will cover more than 2 ledwiz worth of lighting, but the howler can replace the pcb board that came with the xarcade or use both at the same time, using the howler as a led controller and xarcade as for the pushbuttons

if you want to save space I would just use the howler controller alone... its crowded with wires for rgb led everything

sevenseal

Thanks a lot ! It's more clear to me now. So I could just use it as a LED controller and later, if I want to, use it enterly as THE arcade controller. I just don't want to mess to much with my X-ARCADE but I'll see how is goes and how it works.

Is it you on the videos ?

Haha ! You Rock!!! :)

Thanks for doing thoses videos ! (looks like baby was keeping dady awake)

I just ordered the HOWLER board...best of all.. he's canadian and it will be less costly for me since our canadian money is not very high at this moment.

Now I have to find quality buttons and leds. Anyway personnal advices/suggestions about what to get and where ?

ParadiseArcadeShop is down for now...

(I saw a video from the HOWLER guy and I think I would like to add a pinball launch button... + it seems there's a "Integrated accelerometer for nudging and bumping in pinball games" built on the board !!)

you definely have opitions for a launcher. you could do just a button, or analog with a joystick, digital with a mouse.. or if you want you could buy a digital plunger.... which only come in kits

I found out this is best working one

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?36862-Digital-plunger-released

just waiting for zebulon to sell the digital plunger itself alone... then I will be a happy camper.

What buttons would be better ?

Electric ICE 2™ and Electric ICE 2-CX™

What about convex vs concave ?

And the extra options ?

Standard Soft Touch™

GroovyMicro™ Premium Soft-Touch (+$0.49)

Micro-Leaf™ Style (+$0.69)

True-Leaf Pro™ (+$1.49)

Versa-Micro™ User Adjustable Switch (+$1.49)

What about the RGB Pushbutton Lighting module... Helios9... RGB-Drive II...

I would like to order the best and not be disappointed of the final result !

the cx (convex) is the round top while the regular (concave) is the press down surface to fit your fingertips in... it all really what you prefer in your play style..

I will take picture later... I have both them

convex with true-leaf pro for my system buttons and concave with microleaf for my players buttons

By the way, Sevenseal... are you still using a X-Arcade Tankstick ? I tought you had a custom one with all the buttons, but I saw a video with the Tankstick ? Could you take a picture of the whole thing with the lights up plz ! :)

Oh and your second monitor for the marquee is just awesome. What's the size of the monitor and what model are you using ?

I can take a video for you to show you, I do not use the xarcade parts at all but to get the p1 and p2 buttons to show up with illumination you have to either get laminate labels to place in the inside of the buttons

or you buy label inserts to light up with inside the buttons, you can buy them at ggg as well its on the last page on pushbutton section

sevenseal

Archived