Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Trying To Get Started

dweller.exe

So, I've gotten the application running, and that's about it... My first intent is to set up ZSNES working on HS and the ROMS running. However, I don't know how to do that and none of the tutorials I've looked at seem to help. I have no prior knowledge with this program (Just got it working today). So please, if you're going to help, talk to me like an idiot. If anyone has an easy way to do it or even has a tutorial that they think would be handy, I'd appreciate it. Also another thing to keep in mind is, I'm not sure if there are any steps I need to take prior in order to get the games working. I already have the emulator and the ROMS, but I'm unsure if there is anything else I need to set up.

Thanks, Paul.

Giga Guides, made by an idiot for idiots ;)

No, no we are all Hyper Clever Geeks here, so welcome to the club.

Find my video guides in my signature, down there, or head to the main forum page where you can find "How to set up Hyperspin" by Ghutch

I have a zsnesw guide, but I would recommend watching the Mame guide first as it shows how to install correctly.

Once you have those two cracked most other Rom based systems follow the same procedure; just the emulator setup is different.

Okay, I've looked for into specifically what I'm looking to do. I'd like to launch SNES ROMS directly from the in game wheel. Now, I have the roms I need, but I have no idea how to set them up on the wheel. I've looked and from what I've seen the process changes based on what system you are trying to get working. So, I went out and tried finding things specifically for the SNES. I found Giga's video on the ZSNES emu (Which is the one I'm using), but that just confused the hell outa' me and I'm not even sure if the tutorial would help me for what I'm trying to do. Like I said, I do have the roms, but I still need the XMLs and the themes. Hopefully being able to now describe something I want to do will help you guys help me :P.

Thanks, Paul.

First thing to mention and probably the most important "all naming must match" so the Rom "Addams Family Values (USA)" should be named accordingly in the xml, the theme, wheel art and video should be named the same.

You can find the xml on the links up top under Hyperapps>Hyperlinks. Here is a link. Scroll down to find Super Nintendo Entertainment System, click the xml button to download the xml.

Place the xml in :\HyperSpin\Databases.

Another word on naming, notice how I spelled "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" the system name, that is important, it can't be SNES. If you have any doubt look in :\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch\HyperLaunchHQ\Media\Icons There you will find all systems named correctly.

Next to your Roms. It's best to get hold of "No-Intro" sets for cartridge based systems so they match the xml. If not you can try and rename your Roms or create your own xml, but renaming the Roms is recommended, but may be tricky for a beginner.

Once you have all the things in the right places you can audit your games, which if correct, should show up in green.

post-9524-142870642271_thumb.jpg

Finally for now, a word on themes. Not all are complete, SNES themes are available from here.

There are only 51 out of 787 xml entries, and that's the same for some other systems, but some are also complete. The best way to get your artwork is by donating and becoming a gold or Platinum member, but test things out first, make sure it's right for you.

Giga Guides, made by an idiot for idiots ;)

No, no we are all Hyper Clever Geeks here, so welcome to the club.

Find my video guides in my signature, down there, or head to the main forum page where you can find "How to set up Hyperspin" by Ghutch

I have a zsnesw guide, but I would recommend watching the Mame guide first as it shows how to install correctly.

Once you have those two cracked most other Rom based systems follow the same procedure; just the emulator setup is different.

lol ,not at all buddy!

Archived