Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

help with hard drive

Emu54

Hi my drive with hyperspin on it what u think I should do I ran CrystalDiskInfo and got a caution on my drive that has hyperspin on got a yellow tab that says

Reallocated Sector Count current 100 worst 100 threshold 36 000000000180 them temp is 27c and smart test passed and help be great can get a new drive but don't really wont just throw away if can help it.

Step 1: Backup the drive if you haven't already done so, to avoid losing everything if it fails. (This goes without saying, but it seems to be a common topic of conversation around here and the site where we get the games from!)

Step 2: Google the error and read one of the many discussions about reallocated sectors, such as this one:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/reallocated-sectors-count-should-i-be-worried.165635/

Step 3: Make up your own mind about whether your drive is genuinely failing or is just behaving as hard drives normally do.

Personally, I never scrutinise my drives for errors apart from when I buy them. I keep at least two copies of all my data, and the drives in my PCs get upgraded to larger ones every so often anyway. A drive failure should always be an inconvenience, not a disaster.

EDIT: just thought the above may come across as patronizing, but it was meant in the spirit of helping others to help themselves.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, probably while at work...

Step 1: Backup the drive if you haven't already done so, to avoid losing everything if it fails. (This goes without saying, but it seems to be a common topic of conversation around here and the site where we get the games from!)

Step 2: Google the error and read one of the many discussions about reallocated sectors, such as this one:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/reallocated-sectors-count-should-i-be-worried.165635/

Step 3: Make up your own mind about whether your drive is genuinely failing or is just behaving as hard drives normally do.

Personally, I never scrutinise my drives for errors apart from when I buy them. I keep at least two copies of all my data, and the drives in my PCs get upgraded to larger ones every so often anyway. A drive failure should always be an inconvenience, not a disaster.

EDIT: just thought the above may come across as patronizing, but it was meant in the spirit of helping others to help themselves.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, probably while at work...

couldnt agree more with these general practices. anytime i add something to hyperspin and having a good, working, updates configuration i make a backup image. once you've done that you'll always be covered and worse case your out a few bucks for a new hard drive

Archived