Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Current concensus for multiple controllers via uSB

eezetee

So you had started that machine up without the USB receiver plugged in, then when you plugged it in the aimtrak changed?

I assumed once you boot up with the usb receiver in, the ID's stay the same as the actual controllers are hidden from the USB bus by the receiver.

Will see if I can find a reasonably priced 360 controller this weekend. All the windows versions come with the USB receiver right?

So you had started that machine up without the USB receiver plugged in, then when you plugged it in the aimtrak changed?

I assumed once you boot up with the usb receiver in, the ID's stay the same as the actual controllers are hidden from the USB bus by the receiver.

Will see if I can find a reasonably priced 360 controller this weekend. All the windows versions come with the USB receiver right?

The aimtrak id changed on the initial bootup to account for the new device (wireless adapter). Once everything was reconfigured to accommodate this, all my controller ids now stick :)

Strange that even 1 out of 6 reboots, with everything always plugged in would it change.

I would think that won't setup, plugged in and no new devices, that the ID's should stick. I'll known soon enough, my 360 controller arrives tomorrow :)

Thanks everyone. Went out and bought 2 xbox wireless (windows) controllers. Both controllers paired to a single WiFi Receiver (so I've got a spare receiver).

Set up MAME (as a test) with both the arcade buttons and the controllers in the mappings. Both worked fine. Did a reboot and the controller ID's stuck. Even swapped out the batteries as a test and seems all is good.

Glad I can put this issue down know. Now I need to get familiar with the xbox controller

Archived