The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

My SF Themed Hyperspin Cab

Jonnykool

Hi all,

Well firstly a massive thanks to the whole community here for this excellent front end software and for all the contributors. Without your efforts I wouldnt have my own cab.

Basically I have a 4 player StreetFighter themed cab, the cab was constructed by Turnarcades, the controls are from Ultimarc and the whole thing was set up by me. The PC is an old P4 HT 3gHz, 2.5gb RAM (400 mhz I think) with a 1gb Geforce GT210 with a 24" Acer HD LCD TFT. It runs Hyperspin pretty well on medium settings but bogs down with advanced graphical functions. But all the emulators run spot on. In the fullness of time I intend to add lightgun and up the motherboard to at least a dual core so I can run model 3.

Anyway, onto some pictures (my internet connection is playing up and I couldnt rotate a few on photobucket....)

SAM_2144.jpg

SAM_2133.jpg

SAM_2141.jpg

SAM_2139.jpg

SAM_2135.jpg

Thanks very much :) There is still so much I want to do. I guess thats the beauty of Hyperspin. But at the moment im just loving having my own cab.

I CAN"T STOP! lol Atleast that's how I feel. I am constantly tweaking, adding, changing HS. That is the beauty and the fun of it.

Thanks for all the great comments.

Im actually enjoying setting up Hyperspin more than playing the games I have ha ha. I would like to learn how to compile scripts at some point. At the moment im just enjoying setting up art work and learning the basics of how hyperspin works. Its been a fun little project and the beauty of it all is that its constantly evolving :) I have an LED controller arriving in a few days and intend to rewire my control panel as it was my first attempt and could do with a little tidying up.

I cant wait to have the lads over for a dew beers and show this baby off :)

I noticed that there were 6 buttons for the first two players, but only 4 buttons for the side players (pthree & pfour).

Why are there only 4 buttons for those players? Are you using the Ipac4? Does this only allow 4 buttons for the other two players?

Sorry, noob questions!

Don't need more than 4 for players 3 and 4 because the games do not use them.

Gotcha. Thank you!

I think I may keep 6 for my cabinet, so I can use it for n64 and emulators, like Genesis that benefit having three side by side buttons.

Appreciate your help.

I think I may keep 6 for my cabinet, so I can use it for n64 and emulators, like Genesis that benefit having three side by side buttons.

That's how my cab is done, and for the very same reason. Anything with 6 buttons or less translates very well. Dreamcast is very good for this type of setup as it has 6 buttons (not including start) and there were many 4 player games. But yeah, N64 is tough. Some games can be cab friendly, but for the most part you will need a game pad to enjoy these games the right way. I'm saving most of the console games for a future HTPC build.

rdhanded2 is right. I only have 4 buttons for P3&4 as I think there are literally a handful of games that need more an I will never play them. I have an IPac4 so there is still plenty of spare capacity if I want to wire anything else up. I'll update this thread when I get the PACLED 64 controller hooked up :)

Genesis is causing me a PITA as the standard mapping for P1 button 2 is left ALT when playing 2 player games it opens functions in kega fusion. Some remapping is needed I think.

The way im tackling console games like dreamcast and N64 is to have 2 PS2 controllers connected via a USB adaptor. But any games that are best enjoyed with a stick (such as tekken etc) I will setup for running through the IPAC.

• 1 year later...

Wow, I totally forgot about updating my own cabinet build thread. Although I dont really have any pictures to show I have made a few changes and additions.

Firstly, is the biggie. I was able to ditch the old P4 PC and stick a nice second gen i5 3200 with 6gb ram and a 6 series radeon graphics card (exact specs escape me right now as im on my coffee break at work). But it runs Hyperspin very well with everything maxed out.

So this has meant that I have essentially needed to rebuild the software side and setup again but using windows 7 as opposed to XP. Im happy with the results so far, windows 7 runs everything quite nice up to now.

I have upgraded my membership to platinum to take advantage of hypersync and WOW that thing is amazing - thanks guys - this would have saved me weeks of downloading if I had just started now. In a nutshell..... every hyperspinner needs this software its a bargain at the cost.

I have also upgraded to RocketLauncher and it is also fantastic, the scripts are very easy to work with. Apart from having a few issues with Kega Fusion on Sega CD its excellent so thanks again to all involved.

My favourite addition is my aimtrak, I was dubious on how good these would work but my experiences have been nothing but positive. There was some initial tinkering but with a bit of support from Andy at Ultimarc it now runs beautifully and I am very happy with the results.

The PACLED is working well, I intend to rewire my panel as I never have gotten round to tidying it up and once this is done I intend to customise light patterns etc.

So what is left to do:

Install cooling fans (I leave the door open when I play currently)

Rewire control panel

Setup final emulators with hyperlaunch (PC, dreamcast and PSX)

Play play play :)

Archived